Took a MAJOR step today

Alexswife

I went and applied for a job at the place I was working at when Alex died. I had extremely mixed emotions going back in there. It is not near as nice as I remember it but it is A LOT closer to my house than the job I am currently working at. The owner said she would match my pay I currently make plus I will get a lot more benefits.

I can't leave my current job until August though.

I am so confused. Will this set me back in my grief? It will be a better move for my wallet but I don't know about how I will handle it emotionally.

Thankfully, I have until August to decide.

AW, that is major step. It is hard to say exactly how you might feel at first if you return there, but I believe you must have a sense you can make it work since you found the strength to reapply. It sounds like they would be very happy to have you back which is nice. As far as it not seeming as nice now, I'm guessing that your presence there would make it better. I mean that sincerely. You are such a sweet, caring person. Your contributions in that type of setting must be noticeable and valuable.

If August comes and it feels too much, you have the option to stay where you are, right? You have a few months to prepare yourself gradually and see how you are feeling as it gets closer. I'll be pulling for you that it works out the best for you.

Tight hugs and love...

Guest marian1953

this is such a wonderful post to read- best of luck and I think Alex would approve.

Marian

Wow.  This is a big step, good for you for going to apply and for getting the job.  You said it is not as nice as you remember.  If you think it is not a place you would like to be a part of any longer than seriously think it over,  but if you think that you're feeling that way is a temporay feeling then you should very seriously consider it for the closer proximity and better benefits.  Which one, the present job or the "new-old" job will be better for you in the LONG run? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo. I've had my fill of my current job. My only go to person that works there got an amazing job offer the other week. I was so sad that she was leaving but that same day my old job called and offered me an equally amazing job.

So the 29th of this month will be my last day at my current job. I will start my new one on June 8th. I am incredibly nervous about going back to the place where I was working when Alex entered my life but I did a lot of praying and I feel like this is the right move for me.

This is an estimable decision on your part, putting yet another foot forward (Which can feel scary) on your journey. It is my hope that this move will be so fortuitous and personally rewarding that it will install further  self-confidence in your forward momentum, (paced at your comfort level, most of all).

I'm so proud for you!!

Baylee