My wife is getting ripped up, can I get some folks to help?

My wife Alysha was featured in the Daily Mail about how living in a tiny house helped her to cope with the loss of her husband Pete.  The comments are ripping her.

Could you guys check out the article and come to her aid in the comments?  There are a bunch of folks who have no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks for the time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3068188/Alysha-St-Germain-reveals-children-came-terms-death-husband-moving-tiny-house.html

I'm at work and it won't let me register or log in with facebook so I can't comment now but I will when I get home. OMG the nerve of some people, reading those comments has made my blood boil. I am so sorry ya'll are having to deal with that. I enjoyed the article, I admire your wife for ALL that she did, including finding new happiness with you.

I went to the article, ready to write a comment, and noticed that the idiots who have nothing better to do than to say nasty things to people, already commented that Alysha's "little friends" have come to her rescue.  What horrible people there are in the world.  I figured my comment would only fuel more fire so I didn't say anything.

Brockton Dave, you know Alysha and what kind of person she is.  And you know what it's like to have lost  a love.  You also know how finding a Chapter Two feels and how happy it makes you.  Tell Alysha not to look at the comments anymore.  There are just people out there who find joy in making other people hurt.  Those people commenting are probably going home to empty homes and empty hearts.  Alysha can't control what other people decide to comment on. 

The story was interesting, heartwarming, and full of hope.  There are just people out there in the world who will never feel those things.  Alysha needs to give her lovely new family a hug and kiss and be happy she isn't living the life many of the people leaving comments are.  DON'T LOOK AT THE COMMENTS!!

Guest TooSoon

What a wonderful story.  We each in our own ways build a "tiny house," dont we?  We hunker down.  We reduce life to what is truly essential and important.  Our address books shrink to those who "get it" or who managed to weather the storm.  Yes, it might take a village but my metaphorical tiny house is my home now. 

Sometimes I get flack for using the word "liberating" about being widowed.  I'm still stuck with my actual not so tiny house but the letting go of the inconsequential, the unfun, the negative, the striving, the artifice, learning to live for today and not tomorrow, finding joy in the teensiest of things and having so much of what I *thought* mattered shattered have been the big silver linings of being widowed.  Not every day is great, but it wouldn't have been anyway.  Little house, big heart.  I love it!

And who are these people who have nothing to do with their time but post online?  ;)  Just kidding.  Don't let the turkeys get you down!  Wishes for only happiness to you all and congrats on your beautiful family! 

Guest look2thesky

By the time I read the article it stopped taking comments.

Dave. You are a good man. You both have shown how blessed two people can be when finding True Love again.

And for that I think almost everyone here are so happy for you both !!

Whether it was one day after your losses, which are immeasurable, or ten years.

The only thing that matters is your new family.

Those who made negative comments, and especially about moving forward quickly, are people who are obviously jealous and unhappy within themselves.

I wish You two the best, always.

You are an inspiration.

I loved the article!  You have a beautiful family!  That article gave me hope for my future.  I guess people that aren't widowed just don't get it.  I guess they'll get it some day ... when they have to walk in our shoes. 

Sometimes I get flack for using the word "liberating" about being widowed.  I'm still stuck with my actual not so tiny house but the letting go of the inconsequential, the unfun, the negative, the striving, the artifice, learning to live for today and not tomorrow, finding joy in the teensiest of things and having so much of what I *thought* mattered shattered have been the big silver linings of being widowed.  Not every day is great, but it wouldn't have been anyway.  Little house, big heart.  I love it!

I totally get this. A few months ago, I commented to a fellow wid that in some ways I now feel a freedom that I never had before. I married young, and never really developed my own adult identity on my own. I'm learning who I am now, and am pretty excited about it!

Guest Mel4072

Dave, thank you for taking care of my friend!!! She's got a heart of gold. Piss on these people who don't know her and want to hurt her! I'm glad she's got you!!!

Staying in a tiny home would drive some people mad, but I think my teens and I would have been the kind to have benefited. We camped in one room for a while after our loss. We stayed close. I imagine, once used to the differences, it was cozy and far less overwhelming.

On another note to anyone whose loss was published, stay out of the comment sections. I won't link to painful and anger-inducing stories, but there are people out there who actively seek out those stories for twisted kicks. There are many more who are simply but incredibly ignorant and insensitive.