"Little Happies" thread- we start small to find a bit of joy again

canadiangirl

Starting this thread in honour of Just Jen.  Today I showed my child a tiny snail on a rosebush.  The shell amazed us with how complex it was.  That snail is probably a garden pest but it was my one "little happy" today, and represents the pace of change/healing around here.  And that's all I got.  ((Just Jen))

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My in-laws are awesome! My father in-law came by to mow our lawn while my two older daughters helped me in the landscaping. While we were working in the yard my mother in-law was making us dinner. So nice!

The timing of this post is eerie.

Today while shopping at Walmart we let a lady with one item ahead of us in line. She thanked us, paid and left. Then she returned and spoke with the cashier and informed us she was using her employee discount for our purchases! So my boys got to see first hand how random acts of kindness are appreciated! It's such an important lesson for them that although these acts aren't always returned it does feel good to be kind to others :)

Lil happies for today:

Purchased a whole host of cleaning products today with a gift card I'd had stashed away. I lurve me some cleaning products, and for free? Boom!

Father of the Bride parts 1 and 2 were showing today on this afternoon's cable line-up. Those movies are so benign, sweet, and innocent, and that lil classy Diane Keaton is my absolute favorite actress, ever!

Listening to my dog Pumpkin, snoring by my side. Her kind lil presence brings me such comfort.

Baylee

mine is from last night as we are just getting to the start of our day (we slept in)  but I have been snuggling on the couch or in bed with my daughter on a regular basis.  We pick a movie to watch and we snuggle.  Full on touching, which has been something that has been severely missing in the last few years between us.  It doesn't matter what we have done that day, we snuggle in the evening.  I might make this an unofficial rule from now on.  It just fills my heart when we snuggle. 

Starting this thread in honour of Just Jen.  Today I showed my child a tiny snail on a rosebush.  The shell amazed us with how complex it was.  That snail is probably a garden pest but it was my one "little happy" today, and represents the pace of change/healing around here.  And that's all I got.  ((Just Jen))

I adore you for starting this. Thank you. Seriously. Thank you. :*)

Hopefully I'll be able to add something soon.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))

I took a few minutes at work to plan a dinner party for this coming Wednesday. I hadn't looked at epicurious in a long time, never mind taken up the challenge of matching my menu to someone's allergies/intolerance list. Am very much looking forward to cooking!

Best friend bought me a Baja Mt Dew at lunch and just let me lay on his shoulder and be hugged. Hes a teddy bear of a man and gives the best hugs.  looking forward to the weekend at the beach, cause we have a military sponsor for this weekend and we can go back to OUR place, and  I love all things red white and blue

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, going through a few things, when I looked up to find my son, with just his head sticking in the doorway. He never said a word, just grinned, and went on his merry way (after getting the dogs wound up, so that they came flopping over, right in the middle of the pile of papers, I was trying to organize). I am really going to miss that boy and those dogs, when we all move next month.

My "little happy" for today came in the form of a text from New Guy, who asked if I would like to go shopping with him for a new washing machine. Since the plan is to get married some time in the next year, this will be our first official purchase for what will one day be "our" house. I am so excited!

My other "little happy" came in the form of orange jello. Ever since I was in the hospital ICU, I seem to have developed an obsession with orange jello. To quote a favorite student of mine, "That stuff is the bomb diggity!"

Today's lil happies:

Yoga taught by my favorite instructor, who happens to be battling breast cancer. She's a freaking She-ra warrior princess, and she just radiates warmth and goodness.

Off from work today, so I languished in bed with my morning caffeine fix. Adore these kinds of mornings:)

Baylee

Yesterday my work team went bowling. It was the first time I had bowled since a group of friends went with me on LH's birthday after he passed. I worried about being triggered but those fears we're unfounded. It was a good time.

I woke up with morning with a big smile on my face, perky and happy all around!  It is the first day since Jon's death where although I think of Jon all the time, I am still feeling happy.  Trying to savor the feeling.  I remember once upon a time when I used to feel like this all the time.  It has felt like I would never wake up really happy.  It is good to know that I can still feel like that.  ;D

While taking a shower this afternoon, Vinnie the Pug, was pawing at the shower door, prompting me to crack the door, just a touch. Silly Pug stuck his nose in, like he was checking to see that I was okay, then turned and walk away. Goofy dog made me laugh.

Finding the right shrubs for the back proprety line at the garden center with "Promo $5.00" tags and getting to the register to find out they have been marked down to $3.75! Believe me I was plenty happy at $5.00 this was the added little happy bonus!