Interview today

Jess

I have been busting my butt these last few months at work because my new boss wanted to create a position that played to all of my strengths and I wanted to make sure he knew those were my strengths. The creation of the position was finally approved and posted for applicants last week. Today is my interview. If I do well, there is a second interview next week. I am very excited but also very nervous. I'm accepting any good vibes anyone can spare. :)

Thank you. It went....okay. I feel good about my chances of getting past the first round to the second interview, but they really put me through the ringer! Hopefully I will find out if a second interview is happening on Friday.

So, round 2 has been scheduled for Friday. That is actually the day I fly to Kentucky to go to Justin's DD's graduation and for the move. There is a narrow, two hour gap for the interview between being able to get to his house and needing to leave for graduation that they have scheduled a webcam interview during. It was going to be a webcam interview even if i was home because the panel is in Seattle and Iowa, so at least that isn't a big deal. I was told that it was okay if something happened like a delayed flight or something and we would just do it when I get back to AZ, but they really want to have offers for all the positions they are filling by the time I get back. The good news is I am the only one getting a second interview for the job i want so unless I seriously biff it and they decide to repost it, I'm in. I guess if I say anything too stupid I can blame it on jet lag?

They moved the second interview to today so I wouldn't have to worry about delayed flights making me miss it. It went amazingly well. They gave me feedback as I talked and it was all "we were hoping you would say that" and "that is great!" I am never one to say it is in the bag because you never know, but at this point it would surprise me not to get the job. The hope is to find out by the end of next week. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations! What a great week for you😀

Thank you! It really is. Part of me worries things are going a little TOO right at the moment and I keep trying to shake the feeling. Ah, widdahood.