Young Widow Forum

Register to view blogs.

Portside

There are worse things than death

It is my unhappy duty to report that one of our members of the old board has suffered a catastrophic loss.

Her 3 month old and 3 year old daughters were murdered during a domestic violence incident.

https://tinyurl.com/y4q8cycz

Our friend is doing well, all things considered, and has fully given herself over to her unshakable faith.

Your prayers for her and her, her daughters and remaining family are very much appreciated.

Mike

• Sad 1

I don’t  *think* I know this member.  I am so sorry for this horrific loss.  

And yes, I know there is worse.  In my grief, I knew folks who had so much more difficult hands to manage.  Here as well.  

Hope is what we have, sometimes the only thing.  🙏🏼

Thank you for posting this Mike,  It hit me like a slap on the face.  My problems are petty when held against such a horrible tragedy.

This is horrific.  To say I'm sorry to hear this seems so small and stupid in the face of something so nightmarish and unbearable, as to be almost offensive.  Devastated for her. 

How horrible. Not sure what else to say 

I hope she has people around her to help if they can 

There but for the grace of god go I.  Words absolutely fail.  Unimaginable, incomprehensible.  Portside, if Andy and I can do anything, please just let us know.  

This just breaks my heart for these precious girls' mom and family.  I am in tears and in shock that something so horrific can happen to the two sweet angels.  Sending heartfelt prayers.

Broken hearted for this mother. Prayers aren't enough at this time, but all I can give, and I will give them hoping it will hold her and the rest of her family together during this horrific tragedy.😥😥

Heartbroken for her. We've prayed for her and the boys since this past weekend. She has been through so much in her young years.  Those of you who don't know this person, she's an amazing Mom and those kids are her world. 

• Like 1

So tragic, there are no words.  My prayers for her and this family.

My heart goes out to Kate and her family. So much loss and tragedy in her young life. I wish her peace. 

Thank you for posting this, Mike. 

I am so saddened to hear this.  My heart breaks for Kate and her family.  Will be praying for them.  

I'm speechless, just can't even imagine what our Kate and her family are going through. I remember Kate from back in the day. My heart is so heavy right now.

I’m so sorry for this tragedy. How much can 1 person have to go through...especially given the positive update several months ago. If we can help in any way...