Three good things

Guest sphoc

Guest TooSoon

3.  School is almost out and time to rest from school work (a little), refresh the mind, and enjoy the family.

Amen to that!  This is my first, second and third good thing right now!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday was our wedding anniversary and no celebration of Father's Day today since husband, father, and FIL have all passed. BUT, it's been a good weekend and I thought I'd capture this moment in time:

1. Went to my niece's spaghetti dinner fundraiser Friday night (good aunt that I am!). On the way home, I took a wrong turn which meant our drive home was a bit out the way. At a stop sign, a woman got out of her car to ask for directions. She was totally lost and flustered and if I hadn't taken the "long" way home, I wouldn't have been there to help her at that moment.

2. Went to Sail Boston on Saturday and my son decided to join me at the last minute. It was a great day being on the water watching the tall ships and we then we enjoyed a casual, relaxing late lunch together.

3. An impromptu invitation to see a drum corp performance last night. My first (in person) and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

So a weekend that started with a funeral on my anniversary, has turned out pretty darn good! Of course, I still need to get through today, hence, capturing the moment and good feeling while it lasts!

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy day- so here I am, trying to power on through!

1. Though we got a late start, the garden has been giving us plenty of food to eat and give away.

2. Captured/released two bees from my house this morning so they can continue to go forth and pollinate.

3. The new squirrel triplets in my front tree are very rambunctious and a bit on the destructive side, but they sure are cute to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

1. My home has central air conditioning.

2. I know someone who has a pool in their backyard and am allowed liberal use.

3. New flowers pop up in my yard all the time, it's nice I get to enjoy so much beauty.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. One of my best friends just survived a severe heart-attack. Grateful I got to hang out with him yesterday.

2. Another very close friend just survived a potentially fatal car wreck.

3. A widow friend of mine just became a grandmother for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I just bought and put up a 9 foot dragon Halloween inflatable.... so excited!

2. Daughter was SO EXCITED about the inflatable -I was still outside messing with it when she came up the hill from the bus and her expression was priceless!

3. NG just shook his head over said inflatable and muttered something about our forever home needing a huge flat lawn and more extension cords for my new fetish.  ;D

1. My oldest son found out today that he has received permission to take two college classes that are supposed to be taken one after the other at the same time. Which means he will be able to graduate on time.

2. I spent the evening playing games with friends.

3. After almost a year of testing the doctors have finally figured out what illness my brother in law suffers from and the treatment they prescribed is working.

• 3 weeks later...

1. I am on vacation, surrounded by beautiful mountains.

2. My mom is back home taking care of my very geriatric dog- I'm so lucky she does this for me as he has gotten to be quite the handful.

3. It's so nice getting to sleep through the night.

Worst mood ever lately.  Maybe this will help...

1) My garden is still somehow producing even in November.  Cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli and collards!

2) Taking our 11 year old down to Philly tonight to see our longtime favorite singer-songwriter, Josh Ritter, and have dinner with one of my favorite former students from the early 2000s.  Grateful my daughter still wants to hang out with me! For now...

3) There are 4.5 weeks left in this miserable semester at my miserable job (ok, misery isn't really a good thing but a break from it in 4.5 weeks is). 

1.  My 2 teenage boys played board games with us last night and said it was more fun than they expected.

2.  I needed the extra hour of sleep last night and ready to face another week.

3.  Great message in church today.  My soul was nourished.

1. My home was filled with company, laughter, and love yesterday at our Bago.

2. I've made such dear, close friends on this journey and through this board and their kindness, support, and love was felt so strongly yesterday. I appreciate everyone who made the trip and just wish we all lived closer.

3. The reminders of the day still warm my heart and make me smile this morning. I hope the hugs hold me over until the next one.

1. My youngest son will be coming home from college Friday night, and will stay through Thanksgiving.

2. This month as I near the first anniversary of her death I have been able to remember my wife with bittersweet joy and not crushing grief.

3. I have an adventure in Death Valley to look forward to.

1.  Thanksgiving Day/Dinner will be at our house this year.  Mom and MIL are assisting.

2.  Ready to celebrate 1 year anniversary with new spouse.

3.  Blended family is a blessing.( My 2 boys, my parents, my LH parents, husbands' 3 adult children, spouses' and grandchildren.  Total of 17 being thankful together and sharing Thanksgiving together.

• 3 months later...

1. I’ve gotten to the point in my widowhood where I notice i’m replacing the little self-harm things I did with little self-helping things instead.

2. I miss my dog, but I feel at peace with his death.

3. I really like the grey streaks in my long hair- kinda look like some kinda 70s frost style. Blue conditioner is amazing stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs to be revived. So...

1. My youngest is home from college for the first part of his spring break and we just had a nice lunch together where he was animated and engaged in good conversation with me.

2. Trust is growing between the lady I have been dating and myself. It is starting to feel that given time it might grow into something more.

3. I have created a life goals map for 2018 and feel a bit more focused and less adrift.

1. My daughter danced amazingly at her recital tonight.

2. I didn't get bummed out at the recital tonight that he's missing it.  It only took 5.5 years and 11? shows, constituting over 20 actual performances... I think because he never saw her dance at this level, we never thought she'd stick with it this long. But I could just enjoy watching her dance without the bittersweetness.

3. The boy laid down on the couch last night, put his head in my lap, and fell asleep.  😁 he's 15, I don't remember when he did that last, it was so sweet and made my month!

1. I feel I am making real progress with my son's schooling.

2. I made it through the last 2 Nor'Easters without power, phone, internet and with a flooding basement. I learned how to run a gas generator and could take care of my son and my mother (who is visiting and has been a godsent) in those conditions.

3. An ex (who I was crazy about) contacted me (to go for drinks) and I resisted the urge to see him again and said no. I realize I have really become wiser over time as it relates to dating. 

1. My son got back from his youth retreat and had a ball.  Our former church youth were there, so he got to see friends. This is a special camp as my LH volunteered for youth retreats here all the time.  ;D

2.  I have my taxes and my late mother's done!  One more big check the box.

3.  I went to a lunch at my former church and got lots of hugs, smiles and felt good to be with folks who care and know me, my son and LH.  :)

1.  I volunteered to be on a foster care review board.  I have worked with foster care kids for years with trauma treatment expertise but not in private practice so much.  So, with 6 hours of training on my belt, I can serve another way, hopefully.

2. Spring break is around the corner.

3. My finances are coming back around. Feel more sure footed versus sinking.  Renting my house that did not sell is a big bonus.  Starting to recover from 6 months of two home expenses.