Three good things

Guest sphoc

Guest nonesuch

1) New guy suggested a Craig's List ad might unearth someone to cut up and take our tree.  20 minutes after posting the ad, a fellow with more time than money had offered to do just that so he could heat his house with the wood this winter.  Win-win.

2) Boss let me go home early. 

3) Maxine the simple cat has had her territory extended to include the whole house, and has only one time urinated on the floor to protest a dirty litter box.  My bad.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My friend for taking Boo all afternoon to play with her kids and hosting a bbq dinner to.

2. I'm glad for my nice customers all day.

3. I'm glad i watched a nice, albeit sad movie on tv while relaxing this evening.

I believe these "three good things" threads are very important.  We all need to recognize the silver lining. 

1.  I woke up at 6:30 and had the dogs walked by 8 am.  (Florida - the only "cool" time is around dawn). 

2.  My bf works 2nd shift and sleeps late, but while he was asleep I went to Lowe's and got more landacape fabric and staples.  I was working in the yard before he even woke up.  :)

3. We had grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon!  And grilled pineapple!  YAY!!!  :)

1. I found the most beautiful photo album - scrapbooking memories now :)

2. I bought a small tablet which reminded me of something my husband used to say

3. I had a good day at work

1. Great friends invited us to spend a week at the shore.

2. First tooth made its appearance today- quite exciting!

3. We shared a pretty special bottle of wine, and even more special time together, breathing in salty air, feeling its comforting touch on the skin and healing the heart.

I did not think people can surprise me anymore, not at a point when can develop meaningful friendships easily; these guys are pretty amazing!

1. Today was better than yesterday, which was rather rough.

2. My daughter practiced and practiced, got it great this morning, tied her own shoelaces with no help from the old guy.

3. My Dad called tonight, and we had a great talk...he told me that he was proud  to call me his son.

Guest nonesuch

My application to the shelter reached the top of the pile.

I'm now a foster mom of three kittens.  That's three good things, right?

Had a nice day with a mixture of things to do so no time to get bored for sure.

While away working for a few hours I came home to a very excited child that had fancy nails done, surprise to me and her.

My jeep is washed yay because a very nice person washed it for me today.

• 3 weeks later...

Another school year.

1.  My boys liked teachers, connected with friends they hadn't seen all summer, and were up and ready on their own.

2.  I'm so thankful to be starting year 2 in a job I love.

3.  Best summer in years.  No vacation, no trips, but accomplished goals set in June.

• 8 months later...

I think this thread could use a bump. I've been struggling with some seriously negative feelings as of late- time to get back into the gratitude habit.

1. It is a beautiful cool, sunny day and- thanks to modern technology- I am on the porch enjoying it while also on the Internet! Yes, I know, I should be weeding instead...

2. I spent yesterday with an old friend I haven't seen for several years. It was really lovely spending time with her and her young son.

3. I'm so grateful I eventually got my love of baking back as it soothes my soul like nothing else.

1. Have been enjoying the Katherine Hepburn brownies I made.

2. The last two days have been perfect for gardening- have gotten a lot done. It's nice to feel a sense of accomplishment.

3. My 15 yr old blind deaf dog has not peed or pooped in the house today (yet).

1. Came home this past Sunday to find my neighbor sent his kid over to mow my front yard. It was a nice gesture.

2. Had a nice lunch on Tuesday with a friend. 

3. I've been getting my exercise in and going for brisk walks all this week. Hope the motivation continues 'cause I need to lose weight and haven't done anything since my DH passed 5 months ago.

4. I haven't really shed tears this week.

Okay, so that was 4 and I could probably add a couple more. Yes, its been a much better week. Should I be worried?  Is there a big low coming my way?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a good couple days, so figured I should capture this while it lasts!

1. The push mower started on the first pull.

2. I found the ring I lost earlier this week. It's not fancy, just a simple silver ring I bought myself recently and somehow it had fallen off and disappeared.

3. Realizing one of the "good" things about being alone is that when I'm singing out loud to the car radio, no one cares that I only know half the words! And, yes, as this thought crossed my mind, it made me smile rather than cry.

Just love your 3 good things JG!

I can relate to your #3, I'm listening to Chris Deburgh Spanish Train cranked full out.  I haven't done this in more than 5 yrs and it's kind of making me feel all over the place.  If that makes any sense.

Your #1... haha I can never pull start the equipment at the start of the season, nope never could so I wait til I can find some muscle to do it.  My muscle man died on me. 

Now on to my 3 good things (I think I've only posted here once)

1.  My cousin came yesterday and spent the night.  We had a great time together.

2.  She is going to have her BF help me finish stuff up here to sell.  I really need to go.

3.  I'm listening to Chris DeBurgh full tilt.

1. An old friend is in town for the weekend, visiting from Canada. It's been really nice hanging out with him.

2. Got invited to a friend's house to hear some live music last night- a couple from New Mexico that play a bluegrass/Cajun blend. It was fun!

3. I decided to do a juice fast this week. I'd forgotten how labor-intensive it is and how much vegetables and fruit it takes, but I'm feeling really good.

(I, too, love singing along to my car radio- been listening to a lot of classic rock and I'm a big fan of making up new lyrics!)

1.  We were all able to take my parents to cemetery and also decorate graves with new spouse for his late wife and my late husband.

2.  Out of town friends are spending 2 days with us and we are having cookout, kids friends, and family. 

3.  School is almost out and time to rest from school work (a little), refresh the mind, and enjoy the family.