Three good things

Guest sphoc

1. Took my final exam and passed! Now just waiting to see if I have any revisions to do on my grad project then I will be done with one of my 2 programs

2. Lots of power outages in my town from a storm last night but thankfully not us

3. Looking forward to dinner out with 3 friends tonight

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puppies are awesome. I'm going home to see mine right now.  Three hour flight but I have a confirmed window seat.

Going home after two months of training, finished my final simulator check three hours ago.  New jet, here I come

Ponies are also awesome.  Seeing my two mares tomorrow. 64 degrees where I live, clear skies. Sound like a day spent at barn

1. Managed to walk the girl and the dog to school and back.  Usually I only do it once and not very consistently. 

2.  The nasty wind of the last few weeks has subsided and today is the first day I don't feel like Im having a constant panic attack.

3.  Got the confirmation today that I start school in a week

• 2 weeks later...

1. I'm still standing my ground....Now at 7+ weeks. Phew..

2. I have lost another 5lbs so almost at target weight !

3. I have a few nice events lined up in the coming weeks, including outings/dinners with friends, outings with my son, a few dates and my mother is coming to visit plus have 2 trips on the horizon.

Three good things today.  At this point this is hard every day.  I will try

1) yesterday, my 16 year old daughter got selected to go on a mission trip to Miami to fight sex trafficking

2) I get to watch my 19 year old daughter play college softball

3) Friend of mine is in from Tennessee.  He cheers me up

Guest Damiansinc

1. Been to the gym for 6 days straight

2. Going to see a dear friend next week

3. Received the first copy of my first book today!

1. Had a snow day yesterday so got to spend more time with my son.

2. Have a few decent dates lined up. I'm still standing my ground. Screw ex-BF who contacted me and I told him to leave me alone and give me space.

3. After a few off days, I am back on my diet/exercise regime : )

• 2 weeks later...

1.  Friends that have been a part of my life for years. 

2.  New friends that I've made in the past 3 years.

3.  Work friends/colleagues  that mentor, support, and share their wisdom.

All friends yet in many different ways. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nonesuch

1)  I had a tree taken down in the back yard.  Tree guy said the clean up would be the expensive part, so Consort and I had at it this morning and made a dent in the tree debris.

2) the drain in the upstairs tub deteriorated.  Handy man said he'd never seen that happen.  We tried to screw the new one in, but couldn't get it to "catch" the female portion of the drain.  I slid a hose clamp under the pipe, and over a dowel across the opening handyman left for access to the plumbing, and tightened the screw. At that point the male and female portions of the drain could do what males and females do. We now have a functional upstairs tub.

3) Summer weather has come to Maine.

Took my 14yo daughter to see Conjuring 2. It was nice  having individual time with her. I have three daughters, so that doesn't happen very often. It was fun watching her jump too.

I had a nice conversation with a guy friend today.

Ended my evening at the gym.

Guest sphoc

1. Photojunkie is staying with me this week. We finally got to meet face to face.

2. Two new members of the family:

Dalton

13419281_10154487683392638_2670747246542236899_n.jpg?oh=ef6f4e39845304d8bf6727b8ef1857c0&oe=57C83C0A

Wade

13434904_10154487683432638_6042520003498452862_n.jpg?oh=680b16bedc1248600a37fbb3a09c7160&oe=58083FCA

3. Dalton and Wade are going to rid my house of the mouse problem. Ok - I realize this might be more wishful thinking than a good thing.

1. Its Thursday so its really my Friday...Im so glad to be at the end of the week - its been a "long" one and I am tired

2. I have stuck to my new fitness/diet regime for a whole week now. I'm determined to hit my new fitness goal : )

3. I actually have plans this weekend (so nice!) - Thomasland with my little guy on Fri, Shopping/dinner/movies with NG on Sat and my friend/summer tenant arrives on Sun (Fathers Day) and we will have a dinner and wine/chatting session

• 2 weeks later...

Today marks the 3 months mark since Jenny passed.

I can't say it was a good day, but I got through it.

M three positive things from today:

1. My daughters hugs and telling me she loves me.

2. Cooking dinner together with my girl...she set the table, poured the milk,  put the salad in bowls, and stirred the spaghetti in the pot so it wouldn't stick.

3. Someone anonymously left a bag on my door step with fresh vegetables in it.

And a note that said " Fresh from my garden".

Guest sphoc

1) Taking my car to get it fixed today.

2) Getting out of work early for the holiday.

3) Starting my drive to Florida to visit friends, get some hugs, and pick up these guys13567186_10154529714662638_1977365193359921025_n.jpg?oh=1ae7413514a8b80d0f01b1161fd63cea&oe=580B0FA8

My daughter discovered how to squeal with delight. It was this very loud high pitch noise that she made today for the very first time, liked it herself so much, that she continued to repeat it time after time, laughing. It was so contagious, that I also laughed. This seems liked the first time I actually felt a moment full of joy!

I am writing in this section of the forum, which means I am searching for the good things in life again, and that is a good thing in itself, I think...?

That's it, just those two at the moment...