On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

So date I was supposed to have tonight, I finally texted at 7:30 for him to say he was still at work . ( he's an hour to home, then 30 minutes to meet me half way ) Told him we can meet another night, not thinking positive anymore about this one. Something seems off. Sigh .. I don't get it .. Go online to meet people, but it's all games . How old are we ?!?!

\Something seems off. Sigh .. I don't get it .. Go online to meet people, but it's all games . How old are we ?!?!

Hi Momtojandj,

Good behaviour here would have him planning something definite with plenty of notice and no need to touch base on the day of the date unless it involved a hospital visit.  I'm sorry he didn't think so.

Take care,

Rob T

So date I was supposed to have tonight, I finally texted at 7:30 for him to say he was still at work . ( he's an hour to home, then 30 minutes to meet me half way ) Told him we can meet another night, not thinking positive anymore about this one. Something seems off. Sigh .. I don't get it .. Go online to meet people, but it's all games . How old are we ?!?!

. Momtojandj - this type of dating behaviour totally pisses me off. We all have busy lives (and as single parents we do especially) so I expect other adults to be mindful of that. The fact he didn't reach out to you by that time is not respecting your time. I think better, other men are worthy of your time. I don't know why these crazy online games are played either but I also know there a lot of fish in the sea! Maybe throw him back : )

Guest TalksToAngels

Throwing him would require useless energy.

Psychic senses says he will have an excuse.

Guest nonesuch

First guy is 60 years old and has already asked me out for coffee and to give me a ride on his Harley. He is flirting big time. Hate to judge age but 11 years older than me might be a problem. 

My mother was student teaching and went to visit a relative a couple towns away.  Relative owned  rooming house.  One of the tenants sent his six-year-old son down with the rent.  Landlady sent him back upstairs and told him to send his father down, she wanted him to meet somebody.  That's how my mother and dad met.

Fast forward a few weeks, and Mom is standing in front of the dean discussing her student teaching and planning for her graduation.  The dean asked if it was true she was engaged.  Mom said yes.  Was it true that he was a divorced man 10 years her senior, with a son?  Yes, it was.  The dean said, "Well, I guess he's old enough to know what he's doing." 

They were married 53 years, till he passed, so I guess he did.

Had a drinks date on Sat that was perfectly pleasant (and had a good laugh so I am thankful) but I wonder why some guys seem to think we are so compatible when I don't see it at all ? On a more positive note, after date no. 4 with cute Turkish engineer yesterday (in which we both brought our young kids and it was such a lovely day in his neighborhood - he even made all of us lunch) I have firmly decided to hang up my "multi-dating" hat and will go exclusive with the Turk - eeek ! But seriously, he seems great (and he wants the same relationship status) so I am going to take a chance.  :)

Great news CW!!

Sorry about your Friday night Momtojandj.  It does seem very rude. 

I also had problems with guys googling me and then having their picture show up on my facebook of people I may know.  It does bother me, I wish I was invisible online.

Online dating and trust is a hard one that is for sure.  Once I feel the person isn't a nut case I am trying to be more open, which in all honesty isn't really that open but whatever I say isn't a lie. 

Wonderful story nonesuch.

Still chatting with this 60 year old fellow and mentioned that I am getting quotes for some renovations.  I thought it was a pretty innocent ice breaker.  He is giving me great advice and actually offered to come look at my windows because he use to be a contractor before his retirement.  Wasn't expecting that.  We still haven't met in person and I told him I would think about it.  My brain has no idea what is the correct thing to do.  I need to trust but I also don't want to be a chump.  Or what if I go with another contractor and he thinks I am an asshole?  Advise wise daters.

Guest nonesuch

Nuthin to do with dating - be very cautious doing business with a friend. You don't have to use him because you had coffee together, any more than you have to hire your sister's husband because he's "in the business."  If he's feeling he did you a favor, and you're not happy with the job, it's awkward.

Ok.. Help me figure this out .. this is the second time I have received a friend request on Facebook  from a guy I spoke to online, but never met in person . Both guys we had just chatted , and after awhile if they don't ask me out I stop responding . Odd ! Why friend request me ? You didn't ask me out when you had your shot...

Ok.. Help me figure this out .. this is the second time I have received a friend request on Facebook  from a guy I spoke to online, but never met in person . Both guys we had just chatted , and after awhile if they don't ask me out I stop responding . Odd ! Why friend request me ? You didn't ask me out when you had your shot...

Did they have your full name?

Sometimes even without a last name and just some other tidbits of info you can find a lot in a search. They have probably done a search and found you. Or, if you searched them, you could show up as people they might know.

In any case, if you haven't met, and they haven't asked you out, ignore the request. Even if you have met, it's not a valid reason to be friends on Facebook.

Safety over anything.

Next!!!

You deserve  more!

Momtokam, neither knew my full name and I didn't know theirs , so I never searched for them on Facebook. One had my cell number , we texted but he never asked me out. Th other we only talked on the site . I wouldn't friend them , odd !

They must have done a little searching with what little they knew.

I've tried searches on myself with the minimal info I have given out in the past. It shocked me how much came up! I became much more careful after that. It didn't help that DH's death was very public.

Guest nonesuch

Maybe they did an image search on Google? did you use the same pictures from your Facebook page for your dating  profile?

Maybe they did an image search on Google? did you use the same pictures from your Facebook page for your dating  profile?

I change my profile a lot. So not necessarily is it the same. But geez if guys have that much time to findme ? Lol

Guest TalksToAngels

Part of dating site madness.

There is a link between the dating sites and email addresses which connect to FB.

Just like 3rd party "cookies" which enable businesses to view internet activity.

Not too much is private.

Guest nonesuch

You can tighten your Facebook profile.  I haven't gotten any weird requests since I have, not even ___sent you a friend request.

So even though I was adamant that I would not pursue dating again..about a month ago I found myself on an online dating website. I'm not sure if it was loneliness, or just curiosity..

So I've been chatting with a few guys for the past month..I move very slowly,lol..

On Wednesday I have finally committed to meeting one in particular. We talked on the phone the other night..for six hours,lol. We've been texting, he took his profile down, I didn't ask why.. Anyways I've been very straight forward with him that I'm looking for friends, not necessarily a relationship, and he's really good about it. So we will see what happens...

I so need a break again from online, so many fake people on there . One guy got mad because I said I wasn't interested since his profile said he smokes, he responds I don't smoke! Um ok.. Another one emailed me, then says where exactly is the town I live ( which is listed ) I tell him and he says too far.. Um you emailed me, look up the town first before emailing me.  Starting to think the chances of finding someone online is as good as winning the lottery . So discouraged :-(

Sorry Momtojandj - I have been there ! Online dating IS frustrating and I feel that many men don't have interests aligned with mine but pretend they do for physical reasons. And the ghosting just sucks....So I hope I can provide some words of encouragement. I was getting serious dating fatigue recently - had the ghosting issue, some crazy dates and I felt so frustrated and pissed off with the whole process. I felt burned by my last relationship as well.

I feel when it gets like this you should take a little time away from online and return when you feel you can stomach it again. Or try another site. Then come back to it with a sense of humor and open mind. And I know there are good men out there and we just need to weed through the "undesirables" to find them. Very unexpectedly, I ended up meeting (and am now dating) a guy I wasn't particularly taken with online but then we really clicked in person. And it happened when I was about to throw in the towel on dating generally as I was very discouraged....but I am glad I gave him a chance (as I ignored him at first and was actually kind of rude in my email as I was at that pissed off stage) and that he gave me a chance. Keep going when you are ready - but take a breather maybe and then return to it.....I wish you all the best - you deserve to find someone who will spoil you and treat you the way you SHOULD be treated.

I admit I am an odd one.  I met my LH the summer going into HS, and never dated anyone but him, married until he died. 

Well, started this online thing in Feb. and NG has professed his love to me now.  He knows I had one partner, ever, finds that  unbelievable and attractive, and when he told me it was a big responsibility to take on, I got insecure (& maybe PO'd) and told him I was a "Grown Ass Woman" and independent, and I chose to be with him, no pressure to "take me on".  He then asked if it would be okay to take on this responsibility because he wanted to do so.  (swoon) He wanted to only be with me and my son, package deal.  I have only chatted with him from on line, met him, been with him, not others.  Can't predict the future, of course, but so far it is amazing.  So, keep on keeping on.  The on line thing can make life pretty exciting!

This from the woman who said she would likely choose to be alone.....Never say never.....