Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been working on a Wellness challenge at work. For the month of October, we were challenged to do 1000 reps of some form of exercise. I chose jumping jacks. I'm nearly done - just 40 more to go tomorrow and I've reached the goal. Next month, I intend to ramp it up with some weights!

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I really haven't been exercising - but since "fitness" is part of the title: I am a little past six weeks of being abstinent from alcohol, and I have committed to abstaining through the end of the year. Just something I felt I need to do for my own mental fitness, as I was leaning on it too heavily to relieve stress and wanted to press the reset button. Another good by-product is that I have dropped a few pounds and my beer-belly has shrank a little :-)

Still sticking with the Zumba classes, it will be one year in a couple of weeks. I also do a "boot camp" once a week. I have lost about 14 lbs this year by doing these classes and trying to control portion size.  If I can do this again this year, I will be at my high school weight!

I'm still working out 6 days a week.

Yesterday was 300 abs, back, biceps, and cardio.

Today was legs, shoulders, and cardio.

I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. I leg pressed 495 lbs. I worked back up to 2 sets of 20 hanging leg raises yesterday too. Feels good!

My little gym is closed until tomorrow, but we are moving the weight bench into the "living room". It is not actually a living room, more of an area that we just don't use except to collect stuff. So, today I took down the tree and moved some furniture around and now our little useless area is a workout area!

It was one year ago on the 23rd that I started doing cardio 3 hours a week. I increased it to 5 over the last few months and added 1 hour of weight training. Hoping to increase that to 3 with the home gym...

I am pleased that my results, although not spectacular, are steady and continue.