Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost through my 4th week at the gym with a personal trainer. I now look forward to going to the gym at 5:15 am. I've only lost a couple of pounds, yet people I haven't seen in the last couple of weeks ask me how much I've lost. Things must be firming up and reshaping!!! My pants fit most awesomely now!!

Some how I scheduled myself for a personal trainer twice today... once this morning and again tonight. I'm all in! I'm doing a double header today!!

Wooohooooo...... I feel pretty damn good right now!

Good job to everyone else as well. Getting to the point that you look forward to a workout, is tough work!

Tracy

Guest littlebirdie

Kettlebell circuit workout for me this morning. Maybe some yoga later on, if I feel like it.

I've really been slacking lately. Illness going through our house. My middle daughter was sick last week, and my oldest is sick this week. I should just sneak off to the gym, but my  mom guilt won't let me. I need it! I miss it! I really hope my youngest daughter and I don't get sick.

Well, I finally made my fitbit smile  8)

Over 10,000 steps, over 10 flights of stairs, well over 30 "very active" minutes (of course, that is based on fitness level - those minutes were spent walking), over 5 miles, over suggested calories burned, 40-30-30 calorie split within target range, burned more than 1000 calories more than I consumed, over 150 oz water.  If I ignore the dang sleep tile that has me logged as sleeping 2 hours 12 minutes last night (despite being in bed for a looooong time), it was a dang near perfect day - fitbit wise.

Mammogram tomorrow.  WOOT?  LOL.  Gettin er done.

Well, I just had to go out and wander around the building hallway for a bit to get in my last 200 steps, but I hit all my goals again today!  WOOT.  Yesterday was a "rest" day.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will feel well enough to hit them all again.

Added bonus - fitbit just redid the algorithm they use to calculate "active" minutes.  I am not positive, but I am fairly sure this was planned for a while and not solely due to my abysmal fitness level  ;D  They say it is to align better with CDC recommendations, so they count moderate and very active active minutes now - so I am raking those suckers in like wildfire!  They actually added about 60 "active" minutes to my graph for Thursday - who knew I was working out all that time???  Certainly not me.  Haha. 

Second added bonus, apparently the floors climbed function can be affected by strong winds.  Gale force winds around these parts today had me actually being awarded flights climbed while I was sitting on my couch wearing my fitbit with all the windows closed. How cool is that?  35 flights logged today!  Kidding - I did get credit for 35 but I realized the problem early and made sure that I ACTUALLY did 10 flights to meet my goal. 

Loving my fitbit!!!  Thanks, lady!

I LOVE LOVE this thread! It's awesome to hear the victories people are having in fitness.

Well, I did get my last planned long run before the half, but instead of 12 miles, I thought "f-it...I'm going the whole way" and ran 13.1!

Yes, Bluebird said "f-it"  ;D

There's two AWESOME things about this! I can do it AND the relief of knowing this is bringing back the joy to my training. LOVE IT!

This week my goal is 4 runs, but much less mileage.

I also just bought 10 sessions of Hot Yoga with an Amazon Local deal for $39!!!! Woot! I hope I like hot yoga LOL.

Guest IronBear

6 April 2015 Monday

Stats

Body weight: 298 pounds

Body fat: 36%, by formula

Meal

Scrambled eggs

Coffee

Almonds

EES (2 x 5)

Back squat: 2 x 5 x 145

Military press: 2 x 5 x 95

Dead lift: 2 x 5 x 185

Meal

Hamburger patty

Veggies

Greek yogurt

I will be eating mostly paleo while following Dan John's Even Easier Strength (EES) template.

Light lifting for the whole body Monday through Friday kinda makes sense now.

I have my 40th high school reunion in November and I will not be the old fat guy.

Guest IronBear

7 April Tuesday

Meal

Coffee

Scrambled eggs

Almonds

EES (2 x 5)

Back squat: 5 x 145, 5 x 165

Military press: 5 x 95, 5 x 105

Dead lift: 5 x 185, 5 x 205 ~ Way too easy.

Meal

Coffee

Beef

Veggies

So far the two small meals are satisfying my hunger. Also, I ran out of half & half for my coffee

so I tried butter (which I swore never to do) and it is not bad!  :)

This is a good video on reversing type 2 diabetes with fasting and low carbs ..

I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic recently with a fasting blood glucose of 110 mg/dL.

My goals:

weights at least 3 times a week

cardio 4-5 times a week

less sugar, more vegetables

more sleep!

I don't weigh myself. I have a goal waist size that I'm striving for.

GREAT goals, Virgo. I will try as well. I seem to have fallen in a vicious rut -- not getting enough sleep and not making time for exercise. Now that some other parts of my life are more in order (like my husband finally living with me full time), I am trying to get back on track...

Guest IronBear

8 April Wednesday

Meal

Coffee

Hamburger

EES (5-3-2)

Back squat: 5 x 145, 3 x 165, 2 x 185

Military press: 5 x 95, 3 x 105, 2 x 115

Dead lift: 5 x 205, 3 x 225, 2 x 245

Meal

Greek yogurt

Chicken salad

I LOVE the word "taper"...that's what I'm doing right now.

However I'm using this relatively quite time for exercising to think about changing up my strength program. Thinking about Wendler 531 or Strong Curves. Anyone have any experience with these?

My goal is rebuild some muscle I lost with all my cardio.

Guest IronBear

9 April Thursday

EES (2 x 5)

Back squat: 2 x 5 x 150

Military press: 2 x 5 x 100

Dead lift: 2 x 5 x 200

Meal

Cottage cheese

Scrambled eggs

Meal

Scrambled eggs

Walnuts

Hemp seeds

Wine

Wine is fruit, right? I am pretty sure cavemen ate leftover fermenting fruit.  :)

Guest IronBear

My goal is rebuild some muscle I lost with all my cardio.

Excellent!

I have heard good things about JW's 5-3-1 but I haven't tried it yet.

http://stronglifts.com/ is another good choice. 5 x 5 has been around for a long time.

Love reading everyone's posts!

Well, since I am drinking some wine tonight my workouts tomorrow might be a bit slower than normal.  Biggest thing is I have my first triathlon in 3 weeks and I haven't been out on the road on my bike.  I will admit I am scared.  So the big thing this weekend is to force myself to go out both Saturday and Sunday.  Wish me luck...the thought of being clipped in is scary!

Does anyone know if fitbit counts crawling as steps?  HA HA...  Well, not really kidding.  The little OCD girl inside of me is determined to get in 10k steps before midnight.  It is 10:48.

I have been crazy busy this week and am plumb exhausted.  Ah well.

My only obligation tomorrow is an fMRI which is just laying down.  I may not even have to take the train to the train to the shuttle to get there as my home health aide might be able to give me a ride.

So - off to the first floor to attempt 3k steps on no energy.  I HOPE I CAN DO IT!

Ah, fitbit.  You detail oriented little gadget you.

Step count - 11:59:59 = 9900

Step count - 00:02:43 =  162

I don't know if I should do a victory dance or cry - but I almost made it  8)

Ah, fitbit.  You detail oriented little gadget you.

Step count - 11:59:59 = 9900

Step count - 00:02:43 =  162

I don't know if I should do a victory dance or cry - but I almost made it  8)

It's a victory dance in my book!

Love reading everyone's posts!

Well, since I am drinking some wine tonight my workouts tomorrow might be a bit slower than normal.  Biggest thing is I have my first triathlon in 3 weeks and I haven't been out on the road on my bike.  I will admit I am scared.  So the big thing this weekend is to force myself to go out both Saturday and Sunday.  Wish me luck...the thought of being clipped in is scary!

Good luck! Happy cycling and no getting clipped!