Crossing my fingers!!!

Katelsam

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I've been incredibly busy, but here's a little update.

I did land the job that I wanted so badly, but in a twisted turn of events I declined and accepted a part-time position in pediatrics at another hospital instead. While, the other position was where I wanted to be, even more important is enjoying the time with my children while they're little.

With the part time nursing position that I accepted I get full benefits and will remain on call at the rehab center in town as well. This gives me the flexibility of a part time job, benefits of a full-time job, and the luxury of spending quality time with my little ones, which is priceless.

This was an incredibly hard decision for me to make. It was so hard to decline the job I wanted so badly, but it would've been even harder to spend so much time away from my children. I'll have plenty of time to work full-time when the kids are in school, but in a busy single parent household of three, I feel I made the right decision.

I have been wondering what the outcome was...and it sounds like it all worked out the way it should in the end...how wonderful to get full time benefits for part time work...and now have the time to spend with your children while still keeping yourself relevant in your field...Congrats!