I had this...

I was on Pinterest the other day looking for easy one-hand recipes when I came across this:

[imghttp://marrybestfriend_zps7y3chwit.jpg][/img]

I had this. It was so incredible. Honestly, I know I was so fortunate as many will never know the joy and sense of fulfillment a relationship like this brings. I especially love the last line. Life threw us a lot of difficult circumstances, but our love never diluted. And it still hasn't. And I think that's why I am struggling so much. I still feel married, but he can't be here. It is painful and there is an intense dissonance in something I have loved so much and for so long ( just shy of 30 years) now causing such pain as well.

I have been going through a very difficult few weeks. The resulting restrictions from my accident (still unable to drive and such limited movement in my wrist/hand) have given me way too much idle time to think. The police report confirms the guy who hit us was drunk. It hurts to realize there is no one else who shares my level of angst that one or both of my children could have been killed by the actions of that bastard. Or they could have been left without either parent. My husband would understand the fear this all has left me with. He'd hold me and not try to make it seem insignificant. He would recognize my pain and share it.

In two days it will be 2 years since T died suddenly. I know it really is just another day of the same. And yet, these anniversaries seem so big. I think, for me, it is because it is ushering me into yet another year without T here and physically present in my life. I miss him.

This is my first post on this new board. My thanks to all those working hard to re-establish this lifeline. I'm hoping that I'll feel a little better once this anniversary passes and gets out of my head.

Sending you all tight hugs... 

Guest littlebirdie

In two days it will be 2 years since T died suddenly. I know it really is just another day of the same. And yet, these anniversaries seem so big. I think, for me, it is because it is ushering me into yet another year without T here and physically present in my life. I miss him.

Anniversaries are tough because they bring it all back. What we had, what we lost, everything we've been through; not to mention everything you've been dealing with since your accident. Those what ifs are so much bigger and scarier when you're the only parent left alive. It's a very stressful place to be.

Lots of love to you, SVS.

hug.gif

Yes, I had this too. So wonderful. Had a little cry after reading it because it sums it up. I am coming up on 2 years in May and his birthday later this month. Its still so hard. I can't imagine having an accident and injury and such on top it all, just thinking of you and sending hugs across the cyberspace.

SVS, I am sorry that you have had so much turmoil recently. Everything is harder without your spouse and best friend.

Thank you for sharing this quote. I can so relate to it and your opening paragraph. It is good to see you on here.

Sending you (((HUGS)))

((((((SVS)))))))

I was lucky enough to have this too. Sometimes... in my darkest moments... I wish I hadn't, because then I wouldn't have to endure the pain of losing it. Of course I don't mean it... I don't think...

I'm so glad you made it here, and I hope your recovery is going smoothly. Are you loving your new vehicle? :)

It is so good to see you again, though I am very sorry that you have had a difficult few weeks and that you are facing the anniversary of losing your love at the same time.  I'm also sorry that the actions of one ignorant drunkard had to tear up your life so completely and that you no longer have your other half to share you pain and fear with.  Anyway, sending you tight, tight cyber hugs.

(((SVS)))  Your post resonated so much with me. I feel like you reached into my head this morning and wrote down all my feelings.

I'm going on 3 years next month, and the feelings of longing for what was and mourning the loss of what should have been are still so strong for me.

I had this also for 27 years . we knew each other so well and the worst part is he would be the one comforting me the best with this pain(only been 5 months)

I am so sorry about your accident and can t even imagine how hard it is for you with the physical pain and anger towards the reckless person that caused the accident and missing your best friend and husband who also would have been the first person to help you through this ,makes it that much harder . take care and hope today is a little better

• 3 weeks later...

...weeks later... I hope you made it through those days ok. Wonderful quote...sums it all up...

I am sorry you have still problems because of that accident. I hope it will be better soon. Glad you made it onto this new board too. I was late as well, but realised how much I missed it, as soon as I was back here. Hang in there, sending many hugs