My mom passed away July 8

Chopperette

So I haven't been on the board lately, but I had to vent somewhere.  My mom had some issues during the last year and a half. She had a cerebral ischemia and apparantely she had damage on some part of the brain were the appetite is controlled.  She lost a lot of weight and we had a constant battle with her because she simply didn't want to eat at all. She also had problems with hyponatermia which is low levels of sodium.  She had to take a lot of medicines so who knows in what condition her stomach was.  Ultimately she had a gastrointestinal hemorrrage and there was nothing they could do. At least we had a doctor that does house calls and had the equipment at home, so she died in her bed sorrounded by her family.

My dad is very sad and overwhelmed.  We are 5 siblings and we are here all the time with him. So at the same time I think he needs some space. 

My kids were very attached to my mom (they were her favorites and she wasn't descreet abou it) and they are also having a very hard time. I'ts been only 3 years since my LH passed away.  And on top of that my MIL isn't doing too good, I hope is not life or dead, but she is 87 yo!

Thank you for hearing me out.

(For those who don't know me.... excuse my writting; English is my second language)

Hugs, Chopperette. 

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom.  I haven't had to cope with losing my parents yet, but they are almost 80 and almost 90.  I don't think we are ever quite prepared to say goodbye to those that we love dearly, even when they are old and we can see the writing on the wall.

I wish I could somehow take the pain away.

Maureen

She was 78 and before she had the ischemia she was so full of life and never had major health problems! I know she died but I think I'm still in some sort of denial. Still talking in present tense.  The other day I told my daughter to use a coaster for her cup otherwise her grandmother would be upset.  She just stared at me. 

I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom

I recently lost my mom after a long illness so I understand how hard this is

No matter how old we are or they were they are still our Mom and the leader of our families

sending hugs to you and your family

I'm very sorry about your mom. It must be incredibly hard for you. And for your kids as well. My FIL passed away last month, and as my DH died when our daughter was just three months old, she and her grandmother were incredibly close. It's hard watching our kids suffer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom died just 3 months before my husband. She was 62. She had ALS, so it wasn't unexpected, but it still hurts. It doesn't matter how old they are, the circumstances, how old we are, it still hurts. Prayers of strength for your family.