Three good things

Guest sphoc

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.  My sore throat wasn't as sore.

2.  Youngest son did one thing on his chore list.  Amazed.

3.  Opened up my Mastercard bill and got a really pleasant surprise.  A while back I fell for the "free skin cream trial" and of course it wasn't free.  I sent everything back but the dam company and they still charged me.  Mastercard got all my money back.  I am so happy. 

Guest sphoc

I've never posted on here because I always say nothing is good.  But I'm going to really try.

Carey, it can be really tough to come up with three good things some days, but it really helps even when they are the litttlest things. I know I'm struggling with this, too, but here are my three for today:

1) Met my next door neighbors last night - they are quite lovely people.

2) Went out for Indian food last night with a friend I hadn't seen in a while - it was good to catch up.

3) I was in bed by 10pm last night and slept all night - it's been a while since I've managed that!

Ok so I'm gonna force myself to do it again today

1) Had Sonic lunch with a friend so I have a lovely route 44 cherry limeade here on my desk

2) It's finally a warm SUNNY day

3) Holding out hope I might can go to the beach for the day Saturday. I NEEEEEED that so much. 

1. It's a beautiful day!  I am so happy to come home from work and open the windows.

2. My SIL is going to take DHs home office furniture for her new house, saves me from having to sell it when I'm ready to move some day and I'm happy his sister will have it since it a beautiful room full of furniture.and he loved her so much.

3. Made chocolate chip cookies for my kids and for New Guy, the house smells wonderful

Second time I have ever posted on this thread and the first time was yesterday. 

1.  Won a free photo shoot and I am ready for the new family shoot.

2.  Wonderful day raised over $300 today for "threads of life". 

3.  Charges finally against the companies that caused the death of my friend's husband. 

Guest Kamcho

1. Stinky but adorable creatures

2. Client brought a puppy into work (again)

3. Burning through my to-do list like Capt. Badass.

Everything is going to be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever posted here before, but today I feel like being positive.  There seems to be so much sadness lately that I want to highlight some good things to add some balance and help me stay focused on possibilities.  Here goes:

1.  A widower friend I came to know through YWBB, with whom I spent hours talking last year when we were both at fairly low points...he messaged me last night that he is now engaged to a wonderful widow.  Go dsb!  I've enjoyed following his connection to his new love.

2.  I'm getting myself ready for a summer road trip again.  This time, I will have my 14 year-old niece with me and we will head west.

3.  I'm having lunch with a local friend today that is relatively young and also widowed.

Anyone else?

Maureen

Find myself missing be grateful for the good things.  I'm slowing down today.

1.  It's a 3 day week-end and have a family reunion that will renew connections. 

2.  Boys have successfully completely another year of school and have thrived.

3.  Searched and found old recipes that I haven't used in years and am preparing for family get-together.

1. Celebrated my 16yo's birthday (again) today. Went to Uptown Kitchen for lunch.

2. Bought myself some Vans.

3. Bought a few baby gifts. Friends of ours had a baby girl, and my youngest daughter's youth pastor is having a boy. It's been awhile since I've shopped for a baby. It was fun.

1.  Reached my goal weight today.  (6 months of portion control)

2.  Received a promising offer on my house.

3.  FIL commented to me at reunion yesterday that the man I have been getting to know was a class act with core values and a man's man.  Don't know if that should be mentioned on here but it sure validated what I am seeing in him.

• 2 months later...

I am going to bump this after reading another post, today was a lovely day then stuff went wrong this evening and left my daughter and I both in tears. Focusing on the good in the middle of the crap was always the intention of this thread.

1. This was the end of my 1st full week in my new job which seems wonderful, it's in the middle of the city, in a wonderful school, my room has a view of Carlton Hill in Edinburgh (gorgeous)  and all of the people have been great.

2. Stayed in Edinburgh after work today and had a lovely time with child #5, ate tapas, watched a couple of shows in the Festival.

3. Home and read the comments here about this thread and honestly I had no idea this thread had been so positive for some of you, maybe I did something right these last three years and didn't mess everything up entirely. You made me smile on a dark evening.

1. I have power at my house.  Yay. 

2.  Its Friday, I can put gas in my tank.

3. One of my best friends is here from Missouri, may be moving her permanently.

oh and a bonus ... I have a box of little debbies for my drawer at work lol

• 3 weeks later...

1) I am happy to see this thread make its way to the top of the list, once again.

2) I feel like I am starting to make friends, and not just acquaintances, at the new school where I work.

3) I haven't said much about this, other than here, but I have been really, REALLY struggling to make it financially, until I get my first paycheck at my new job (which isn't until October 1st). I don't know if New Guy mentioned to his mom that I am struggling (which I doubt), or if she just thought that having to go so long without a paycheck might be hard (more likely); but she just did the nicest thing for me. New Guy sent me a text today around lunchtime today, telling me his mom had bought me a $50 gift card for the local grocery store. I cannot tell you how touched I am or what a blessing it was to get the gift card.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Hearing 8 and 9 year olds talk about their love for God, family, and friends today while I helped deliver their bible lesson was super sweet.

2. Laughter and great conversation with family during lunch.

3. Going to see a comedian with a guy friend tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

3 good things at 7 this morning and now 3 more at 5. 

1.  Church was just what I needed to hear today.

2.  Boys had friends over after church and I love my kids friends.

3.  Parents came over with a surprise dinner prepared for tonight. 

Today is my 2 year Sadiversary, I need to focus on some positives because the negatives are all too obvious.

1. A beautiful, sunny early fall day

2. Nice lunch at one of Tim's favorite local places with his family after Mass.

3. Several people remembering the significance of the day in special ways

Tis a tough day for me as I'm having to take on the responsibility of making major medical decisions for my grandmother's care and flying out to Malaysia all of a sudden.  It's also widow bestie's sadniversary this week.  So to keep my spirits up:

1) At least I'm old enough and financially stable enough to be able to go and see my grandmother

2) I got a new mindfulness colouring book and I find it really calming

3) I have a widow bestie and a whole widowed community who are more loyal than I could ever have hoped for.  Thank you

x