do NOT watch Grays Anatomy tonight

Beyondlife

Too late... Car accident widow here and while I never had to make the impossible choice t remove care, the police did show up on my door.  Nothing like a one hour trigger.  On a side note, still can't believe they did that.

Tight hugs to you, BeyondLife. My daughter suggested I shouldn't watch, but I did. I should have listened to my wise beyond her years girl. I literally shrieked out loud out one point as it reminded me exactly of being hit out of nowhere in our recent crash. The hospital scenes were heartbreakingly familiar in too many ways. I thought it was a beautifully done episode, but I didn't want it to play out the way it did.  :'(

I haven't watched it yet but I knew it would happen because of the police at the door at the end of the last episode (huge trigger for me) and the fact that they were so freaking happy lately... just characters on a TV show but way too close to home for me... I still want to watch it but I might wait until I have plans for right after so I don't wallow!

I well remember that day that I was so busy that the fact I hadn't talked to him was on the back burner of my mind.  I even remember"allowing" myself to panic when the wedding was over that I was working .... I should NEVER have watched this. 

Guest Lost35

I absolutely hate this show.  And I never say, "hate".  But this one, I do.  The plane crash "bonanza" was enough for me.  They prey on people's worst fears, and parade it on TV as some heart-felt, gritty drama. 

Grrr.

Sorry you all had to fall victim to it.  I can't wait until they run out of personal tragedies, and are finally forced to make "cold and flu season" worth watching....

I wish I would not have watched, now I can't stop crying and don't know how I am going to sleep tonight.  The second she opened the door and the 2 policemen were standing there I went right back to July 16, 2013 the night my life changed forever.  My husband did not die in a car accident but was working in another state and was found in his hotel room by a co-worker.  I still remember the cops insisting they had to come in basically pushing their way into my house....  now I can't stop replaying that night in my mind over and over, stupid tv show!!!

I am so sorry for everyone who this was so triggering for, I can't even imagine watching this if I had lost DH in an accident of any kind, it was hard enough as a cancer widow.  Then they had to throw in the young girl at the accident, who previously lost her Dad and bonded with him while he saved everyone.  That little girl haunted me all night.

It was dark and twisty a la Shonda.  I mean really ... making DEREK die of a brain injury at the ineptitude of an arrogant neurologist? And yes the little girl at the scene was just too much.  "No one's gonna die today he says......"  Little girl was wise beyond her years, you're not God, you don't know that. It really was just tooo too much. I didn't fall asleep till after 4:30 and had to get up at 6 so thanks for the miserable day Shonda.

I just want to say thank you for the warnings for this show.  I actually am a huge fan of the show, even though I do tire of all the massive medical drama that happens to these people on a regular basis.  This week I have been struggling with my own demons and flashbacks to our accident that killed my husband almost 3 years ago.  I think I will put this episode aside for a while.  Kinda sucks as I love the show, but I don't think I can handle any more triggers this week.

Hugs to each and every one of you!!