I'm not OK

smabify

There's tears in my eyes, and I don't care. 

I'll sit right here, not go anywhere. 

I won't do things to make you see

what's happening deep inside of me.

It's been too long. It's been to hard.

I've held together, but I'm falling apart.

I've worn the mask, I've done the play

But right now, No, I'm not OK.

I've lost the dream, I've lost the goals

I'm here alone, I'm in the cold.

Nothing's easy, can't you see?

There's nothing going right for me.

Tell me to feed them better

tell me I should blame the weather

Tell me that it will get better

Tell me anything - it doesn't matter

Nothing at all that you can say

will ever make it go my way

Please know that for at least today

There's no way that I'll be OK

Before you ask, just one last time

you know what I'm going to say

if you ask me for the news

No, I'm not OK

I loved the way you wrote that.  I have been there.  Today I am trying to look for anything better because my Love would hate it if I did not try.  I hope you can find a way to remember your Love and find happiness, comfort and things that do go your way.  (((HUGS)))

Guest fleur

I hope there is a way for it to somehow get easier for you.  And if it can't, I hope there is some way that you can get just enough of a break to refill your reserves.

I have not had a chance to read this, up until now, and I am so sorry that things are hard for you, at the moment. I wish with all my heart that there was something I could do to make it better, and it saddens me that I cannot. I honestly do not know why things have to be harder for some, than others, and it just isn't fair. You have had more than enough to deal with. I am sending you warm thoughts, and hopes that things improve soon.  (((Hugs)))

I'm just gonna come over here and sit by you cause Im not okay either. 

Honestly, right now, I am not okay, either, and I would dearly love to sit right down with both of you.

Guest Munsen

Your poem is so beautiful and eloquent.

I wish I could make this journey easier for all of us.  But, with great love comes great loss. As CS Lewis said at his wife's death, ?Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything.?

This new journey is hard. We endure many long days before we start feeling strong enough to return to the land of the living. And, like baby steps, those are slow and arduous. And set-backs a common re-occurrence.

Some, seem to handle it better than others. Our circumstances, both before and after loss, affect our feelings too. Our healing as well.

I don't know all that you are going through but I know enough about widowhood to extend my hand and heart to you in this moment.

I'm sorry I live too far away to just come and sit with you but know that you've been heard. <3