**Daily/Weekly Goals**

Virgo

Questions your house has a nice curb appeal. The tree looks nice. I like your side walk and front windows.

I accomplished a small project today. I hung my Family Birthdays sign (finally) and filled in all of the birthdays. I framed scrapbooking paper in two metal photo frames to hang above the birthday sign to use as 'white boards.' I like how it turned out.

It feels good to mark things off of my list. Even if it's just a small project. I'm hoping to get another project done after dinner.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Questions

Thanks! 

Trying, When it's 115 degrees outside (which from the looks of it won't be long from now, lol) & I am melting like a marshmallow in a forest fire I promise to be jealous of your weather.

You'll be outside BBQing, meanwhile I'll be trying to squeeze myself into the refrigerator  :P

Virgo, Your Birthdays Sign sounds cool!.. What an innovative idea.

Pictures? I'd love to see how it came out..

It's so much fun doing artsy projects.

I've been looking for some seating for the south side of my house. There's a big area with nothing really in it & I'd like to have a bench there but they're so dang expensive & what if someone decides to steal it?.

So I thought, ok how about a few bricks or cinderblocks & a board laid over the top. That's pretty cheap. Ugly too, I doubt anyone would want to steal that, lol

Just for drill I googled "brick & board bench" & that's when  I saw this idea on Houzz.

I think it's really cute & the best part is: No sawing/hammering required. Just bricks & pavers stacked & a board sandwiched in between. Probably would cost all of $25 & I could use the armrests to set cascading potted plants on which would add some greenery to an otherwise bland patch of dirt. Definately worth a try..

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

(((hugs)))

Got my list complete this past week!  We are getting ready for a getaway to Florida Wednesday so this weeks list is short and mostly about getting ready for vacation.  I have to work today, Monday and Tuesday so I need to be organized.

-put a hold on mail and newspaper delivery

-get a mani/pedi because my toes are making their spring debut!

- last minute toiletries and sunscreen

-pack and help youngest pack

-Send my mom Easter flowers since we won't get to see her

- confirm coverage for my patients while I'm away and email treatment plans

- make reservation for Easter lunch in Florida for us and inlaws

I have always been a "list" person, I need to start posting here more consistently, you are all very motivating!

wow Questions! I absolutely love the tree and the flowers in the yard! Awesome job ! And the bench idea is great! Very impressive. You have so many wonderful ideas. I may borrow a few. I am slowly building a stone wall up one side of my driveway.. sort of out of necessity as the yard is very sloped and I don't want it to wash out on me! I will try to get a picture posted to show you some of the progress. I started last fall but the weather and life factors slowed me down.. Mixing concrete and lugging all the stones takes a toll on ya after a while..but spring is coming soon and I am determined to get it finished by summer..**crossing fingers**

Keep up the amazing job you are doing! You so ROCK!

Cyndi

I didn't make the birthday sign. A friend of mine makes signs and I told her exactly what I wanted. I love how it turned out. I just filled in the birthdays. I'll see if I can figure out how to share a photo.

I'm still working on getting ready for our city garage sale. I'm also working on small projects. Illness is going through our house, so I haven't been very productive. My daughters have spring break next week, so I'm hoping to paint their bathroom.

My goal for this week is to not get sick!! (haha)

Guest Questions

Trying,

I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida! If the sun doesn't come to you, go to it. Good idea!

Enjoy :)

CBB,

You're an inspiration. I can't even imagine how much work building a retaining wall would be but if anyone can get it done I know you can!  Kudos for being proactive & heading off a potential problem at the pass! & please do post some pics when you can..

Virgo,

Good work organizing for the garage sale & on all your projects!

(Do post some pics if you can.  The attachments option works pretty good..

So sorry to hear about the illness in your family. Keeping my fingers crossed you don't catch anything & wishing everyone else a speedy recovery..

(((hugs)))

Family Birthdays sign without the dates/names attached. I do have them attached now.( Also, the dry erase frames.)

I haven't started painting the bathroom yet, but I'm planning on buying paint tomorrow so I can paint Friday.

I started cleaning and organizing in my scrapbooking/craft room today. What a mess! I can see the floor now though. Lol! Yes, it was that bad!

family_birthdays.jpg.7ffc5e71ab7c28bf50d02e3c2dcb4f83.jpg

Guest Questions

Virgo, The birthday signs came out nice!

Good luck with your bathroom painting project...

I'm sure it will turn out looking nice!

I had to paint mine too. Apparently it was navy blue repainted beige but they didn't put enough coats on so the blue was bleeding through in places.

It turned into quite the project as they also painted the bathtub with wall paint (why on earth would anyone do that?) & the caulking had to be stripped out & redone too.

It was a lot of work but definately worth the effort..

(((hugs)))

Happy painting!

Since last Friday until yesterday I felt horrible and here it is Friday already, nothing really has been done all week and then on Monday, I work Opening Day at Busch Stadium. Oh why oh why did I have to feel bad this week? I wanted to get so much stuff done before the season.

Next week the only days I have off is Tuesday and Sunday. I am thrilled about having money come back in since the plan is that whatever I earn from this job will become my savings since the money from the auction I can live off of for a few months. (Both of my parents are impressed by how I have managed to survive on just a few part time jobs or the selling of my things, good, glad they are proud of me because I am too!)

So next week my goal is to finish going thru the clothes and to finally take them to Goodwill - why is this task so challenging to me? I cannot wear my bigger clothes and cannot wear his. I have got to get it done!

I started my daughters' bathroom. It's going to be a work in progress for awhile. I got two coats painted on all but one wall. I have a guy friend coming over to help me take down the light fixtures. I'm going to spray paint them black and paint that last wall. I still have to buy some new hardware (towel racks, toilet paper holder, rain shower head) with a black finish. My mother in-law is going to help me make a shower curtain. It's going to be like a rag quilt. I already have the material. My brother is also  helping me make custom mirrors. My 13yo and 7yo daughters share a bathroom, so I'm trying to incorporate their favorite colors. I'm painting the walls a light grey. The hardware will be black. Their rugs are a dark pink. Their shower curtain is going to be a mix of patterns (chevron, polka dots, zebra) and colors (aqua, light pink, dark pink, black, white, grey.)  My friend made a sign about 'princesses' with all of those colors (love it!.) Like I said, a work in progress. I just hope it comes together fairly quick. I'm just worried about my brother. Lol! I might have to go with a basic wood framed mirror and paint it. I won't wait on him for very long.

Guest Questions

Good job Virgo, sounds nice!

& get er done HvnBound, you can do it!

Grrr! The dogs still don't want to give up using my tree ring for a toilet. Even though I fenced it with 4' high chicken wire inside the decorative wire fence they still keep digging around the outside & leaving nasty surprises. I read that if you cover river rocks with Vicks Vaporub & leave around they can't stand the smell & will go elsewhere. Tried that but it didn't work. So today I put 4 buckets of lava rocks around the perimeter to cover the exposed dirt & 6" wooden skewers pointy side up every few inches where I want the grass to fill in.

Danged dog came back & did his business right on top of one of the skewers!

So I sprayed the whole area down with plant safe dog/cat odor eliminator. If this doesn't work I guess I'll have to snipe the yard with a BB gun. Sheesh!

I also raked & weeded the entire back yard today & swept all 3 patios.

I found a new in box 10x10 canopy on Craigslist yesterday to shade my master bdrm patio. The poles & stakes look sturdy enough but the cover looks like pretty cheap plastic.

I guess I should've looked inside the box before buying but I met the seller in a parking lot.

I'll be surprised if it lasts more than 1 summer but for $15 it was just too good a deal to pass up, lol

You're gonna laugh at this: I wanted to hang a decorative hook to hang my hand mirror in my en-suite but being too lazy to get the drill out decided to do it manually.

I ran into trouble making the screw holes deep enough to fit the plastic screw anchors so I took the screwdriver & hammered it into the wall to the reach the desired depth.. but then I couldn't get it out! I tried pulling it out with the the claw end of a hammer & the screwdriver's plastic handle came off leaving the metal shaft stuck in the wall, I tried yanking that out with pliars but no luck.

So instead of a decorative hook I had this screwdriver shaft sticking out of the wall. Nice!

After struggling for nearly an hour I finally gave up trying to extract it,  grabbed a hacksaw & sawed it off flush with the wall, spackled over it & repainted.  I was then able to mount the hook an inch lower using shorter screws. Not a good day for interior decorating, lol

Wondering what tomorrow will bring...

(((hugs)))

Questions...love the story! Invariably my "shortcuts"  end up the same way yours did!

Decided I better get on here and make a commitment to getting stuff done today...with the way I'm feeling I could see heading down the rabbithole and looking up at 8:00 tonight wondering where the day went...and this is why I like this thread so much, because like AC has said (and I paraphrase) this thread works best when I'm at my worst!

Today:

Shower

Vacuum house

Steam mop floors

Clean bathrooms

Dust

Wipe down the front of kitchen cupboards

File papers

Hopefully BF will be able to fix dryer...we realized it wasn't heating yesterday and began the troubleshooting process...bought 2 possible parts and replaced..not those..store closed...new day so he is now out getting what he now knows will be the part to fix it.

Do laundry when dryer gets fixed.

Pay bills and take the ones I still mail to post office

Well hopefully getting stuff done will help my frame of mind!

A few hours later I am "editing" my post to say:

I have finished with all of the house cleaning....opening windows to let all of the fresh spring air in and making mental notes of unfinished projects in each room (I purchased, completely gutted and remodeled this house last year doing much of the work myself but there are still little nagging projects in almost every room to be finished!)

I'm going to jump in the shower, write up the bills, file the papers and head out to drop at post office, later I need to work on a client project for only about an hour...and then call it a successful day.

Oh and BF came back with dryer part but got called out before he could install should be back in a few hours and hopefully I will have a working dryer or it's off to the laundromat.

Questions, do you want to come do my yard work? You got a lot accomplished in one day. Yard work is hard work! I did laugh at your story. I improvise quite a bit too. I guess we'll learn as we go. Thankfully I have a few guy friends that are willing to help me out when I ask. Asking for help is hard for me though.

IfIonlycould, you got a lot accomplished too!

I finished painting the bathroom today. I also painted the bathroom light fixtures. I really how they turned out. I figured since I was already painting I might as well paint my filing cabinet too. I've had the paint for awhile. It started out great, until I ran out of paint. I ran to the local hardware store, but they didn't have the same paint. I chose a similiar color. The color was really close, but the spray can was junk. It kept bubbling up and spitting out paint in between spraying. Aggravating! Now I'm going to have to buy more paint and start over. I'll definitely buy two cans of the original brand I started with. It's definitely better quality. I'm planning on finishing it tomorrow. I have a friend coming over to help me install the light fixtures in the bathroom too.

I ordered a few items for the bathroom (toilet paper holder, towel racks, shower curtain rod, outlet covers, and a rain shower head), so I'll be doing bathroom projects all this week as those items come in. I'm going to start on the shower curtain too. That's the plan for this week. The bathroom and getting my butt to the gym!

It feels good marking things off of my to-do list!

Virgo-Wow! Bathroom project almost done!

And yes I too would love it if Questions would come stay with me for a week and do an extreme yard makeover! 

That will be my posting all summer for goals, the exterior work, this house that I have gutted and remodeled still needs the exterior completely done, I am the ugly duckling on the street.

Today I am finishing laundry (yes BF was able to fix dryer and what a help that was as he normally stays out of all of my remodeling projects over the past few years but will jump in when a fix it is needed if he knows how to do it). Then after laundry:

Today:

Beautiful SUNNY spring day with a hint of the summer to come (finally) so I am headed out for a drive alone, first hit the opening day of a weekly farm/flea market north of here and then keep driving to one of my favorite small summer "resort" towns to see what's happening there and walk the beach...I need a ME day to get away from stuff that has been weighing me down and recharge.

Guest Questions

Good job Virgo on your bathroom project!

& IfIonlycould on all the work you got done! (I think you need to change your username to "ICan"  :D

I was going to like both your posts until you suggested I come do your yardwork for you, lol

I can barely keep up with my own. I try & do one yard a week, alternating between front & back & it IS a lot of work. Still, I don't feel I have any room to complain because having a big yard was high on my house-search criteria.

Of course, if you were willing to PAY me, we might be able to work something out because I'm still unemployed & don't exactly have money fallin' outta my a%%,  lol.

I accept cash, visa, mastercard, spa memberships..

Keep up the good work!

Reading this thread is what keeps me from planting myself in front of the TV & eating Cheetos all day..

(((hugs)))

Questions- LOL... "I Can"...So no extreme yard make over for me? well unfortunately I haven't found the money tree in the backyard so I will just have to use you only for inspiration by reading your accomplishments!

Virgo-Good job! You are getting it done!

My goals for next few days:

Work "old job" 10 hour days Mon/(done!)/ Weds/ Fri

Work for one client Tues. am and another Tues pm

Make phone calls and finish some paperwork for another client.

Find and buy the perfect birthday gift for a party on Sunday.

Come back here and post for goals for thursday (My day off).

All of the clothes are in bags in the back of my minivan now!!! I can now actually see my floors and swept all of them, my entire bedroom suite is now in the master bedroom, papers have been sorted and boxes are all in bags. What a week! I actually did it!

HvnBound- that has to feel good to reclaim your master bedroom!

I received most of my bathroom hardware today. Of course none of the old hardware fits the new, so I had to patch up the walls and paint the patched areas. Tomorrow I'll attempt to put everything up on the walls. My curtain rod came today, but it wasn't wide enough. I apparently ordered the wrong one. (ugh!)

I replaced two light bulbs in my garage, which was a chore. My garage is a mess, so I had to move stuff around to get the ladder under the lights.

Just odd jobs today. I put my indoor/outdoor Easter decor away today too.

Virgo, yes it sure does feel great! I delivered all of the clothes to Goodwill today :D Done. I have a meeting with a possible buyer on Friday, he is one of those we buy houses people. But if he offers me more than $50K I will probably sign just to get rid of the house. Not sure if I really want to clean off the smoke off the walls, then prime and paint in order to sell...we will see what he offers first.

Guest Questions

Good job everyone!

I'm exhausted from haggling with Comcast & DirecTV on the phone these past few days.

Comcast keeps raising my rates inexplicably. They told me to call them Sunday for a promo discount but when I did they refused. I went off on them & told them I was cancelling my service & switching to DirecTV (which could save me a ton of $$). But when I called DirecTV back to finalize the order they gave me the runaround too retracting the offer they'd made me just 2 days before.. so I went off on them too & withdrew my order.  Today I called Comcast & got them to cancel some of my services to get my bills lowered. It would still be cheaper going with DirecTV but they probably hate me for accusing them of being every bit as shady as Comcast so probably best if I let them cool off some 1st, lol. I myself feel like I've been through a war.  It shouldn't be this hard to get people to keep their word, yet somehow I feel guilty for trying, lol :-X

comcast-sucks-10.jpg.17d749cafe7e3cb8f563431209d20dda.jpg

Questions-Do you have W.O.W. or AT&T where you are at?  I have found both to offer excellent customer service and good pricing.

Today is day off so:

Pick up package for a client (ok a wee bit of work)

Clean the kitchen

Drive to a very cute shop 30 mins. away to get the birthday gift they are holding

Groceries

Wash towels and bedding

Vacuum house

Pick up mail

Get "Lawn Restore" fertilizer (this is the year to start the long process of getting the lawn in order, previous owners never raked leaves EVER so lawn is in major disrepair)

Fix dinner and prep dinner for tomorrow

Questions- sorry you're having troubles with customer service. This is why I've avoided dropping my LH's phone through Verizon. Just less hassle to pay the little extra a month for now.

I managed to get my toilet paper holder up by myself yesterday. The one side is just a smidge higher, which is bothering me. I'm debating if it's worth changing to even them up. It was an ordeal! I've never used a drill before. My LH's tools are everywhere in our garage. I had to find the drill, drill bits (still looking, but the drill had one), and a level. The level wouldn't fit between the toilet and the vanity, which is part of the reason it's not even. Ugh. I did measure, but I'm thinking making the holes larger made them unbalanced. The drill bit was a little small for the wall anchors, so I made them  larger as I drilled. Then I hit a stud on the very last hole I drilled. I'm learning. I'm going to search for the drill bits, so I get the recommended size for the holes. I'm also going to search for our stud finder, so I'm not surprised if I hit one. lol

My dad took me out for lunch today.

My list for today and tomorrow.

run dishwasher (done)

handwash dishes (done)

put new drawer organizers to use

cut up cardboard boxes to recycle

laundry

clean bathrooms

sweep/vacuum/mop floors

organize filing cabinet

gather bags for Good Will and take them to GW

Guest Questions

Ok, you guys are making me look bad..

So I plan to get out of my pajamas this afternoon & go mow the front lawn  8)

I also need to prune an orange tree out back & rake again since the recent winds have distributed a fresh layer of leaves.

Thanks for the tips regarding ISPs. If I go with DirecTV they bundle with ATT for phone & internet service. The 2 companies have in fact merged but still require separate installs & aren't on the same page as far as pricing goes apparently. Ah well, crisis is over for now, I'll deal with it later when my bill goes up again after some Prozac.

Keep up the good work..

You guys are inspiring!

(((hugs)))

Yesterday, I took my son to the dentist. His wisdom teeth are coming in and causing problems, including some serious pain, and need to be surgically removed. I managed to get the surgery scheduled, to prepare food he requested (thinking it would be easy to chew), to pick up pain meds for him, and to provide the oral surgeon with my insurance info, so they can give me an estimate in the cost. I also contacted the ex, who offered to help pay for the surgery. Yay!

Today, I finished clearing out Kenneth's things from underneath the bathroom sinks and got rid of everything in both bathrooms that is not essential. When I get ready to move this Summer, it should take less than five minutes to pack up both bathrooms. Next project: the hallway storage cabinets, which are packed to the gills with Kenneth's belongings.

So far this week at work, I rearranged my classroom for state testing, scheduled several parent meetings, and completed some very important paperwork that needed to be taken care of.

For the first time in a long time, I feel as though I have been semi-productive.  :)