**Daily/Weekly Goals**

Virgo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job MissingSquish!!

I had a friend drop by this morning to look at my dryer. Unfortunately it stopped heating yesterday while I was doing laundry. We ordered a part. Hopefully that works. If not I'll call a repairman. My water heater also stopped heating this week, but my father in-law was able to fix that for me. If you don't laugh you'll cry, right?

Goals for today:

clean 3 bathrooms (1 done)

sweep/mop/vacuum

start gathering tax papers

Clean clothes are put away.

Grocery shopping is done (though I had a panic attack while shopping). I hate grocery shopping with a passion. The stores by me are always extremely crowded and there are so many rude patrons. They ignore you when you say excuse me. Seriously my blood is boiling right now.

I might feel up to scooping poop later, but defintely not right now.

Began painting upstairs game room. Woot!

Attended first yoga class in who knows when! Unleashed that fury!

Completed re-certification test that I have to do yearly.

Barely missed sofa surfin'. Boy, if I had energy, I may very well be unstoppable...lol.

Baylee

Woo hoo!  I really love this thread.  As I have explained in more detail in various places over the years, having a place to hold myself publicly accountable is a great motivator for me.  Seeing others succeed is as well, as is knowing that others don't meet all their goals and that is okay.  Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, whether you are trying to motivate yourself, trying to motivate others, or most likely a bit of both.  Thanks also to those who are out there silently cheering everyone on.

Goals for the week of 3/23/15 to 3/29/15

- Complete all tasks on daily todo list at least 5 out of 7 days

- Figure out what to do with large game sized priority mail boxes (fyi - they are free and i accidentally ordered 100 rather than 10.  That is a lot of boxes for a small apartment.  Any environmentally friendly suggestions here would be helpful.  You are not allowed to just drop them off at the PO...)

- Assemble bed (for those who know the history on this one, I think it might actually happen on Monday.  fingers crossed)

- Find out why computer no longer has sound and can only play the shortest of videos since being repaired

- Grocery shop

- Taxes :o

- List like a maniac on ebay

- Get involved on the health and fitness thread

- Get involved on the minimalist thread

- Get involved on the crafts thread - this one is particularly important for me personally when it may not seem to be at first glance as physical limitations sometimes prevent me from getting involved life in other ways.

If I get all this done before the clock strikes midnight next Sunday, I will be back like a bad habit with more.

I could totally use a "kick in the pants" to get my motivation revved again.

Things I need to accomplish this week:

1) Clean kitchen and MOP FLOOR

2) Continue with the decluttering purge

3) Finish some sewing projects

Things already accomplished:

1) surface cleaned three bathrooms.

2) laundry and dishes

3) grocery shopping

Small steps can lead to giant accomplishments...

This Donna needs a kick in the pants too!

My list this week:

Car inspection

Make vet and kennel appointment

Make gyno and mammogram appointments

Pay bills

Laundry

Try on summer clothes in prep for vacation (widow weight yo yo means I have no clue what fits)

Arrange airport transportation

Does anyone else have an issue with making appointments/ picking up the phone?? I have no idea why this is such an issue for me! 

I detest scheduling appointments and being on the phone too Trying. I put it off as long as possible.

I didn't get a lot accomplished today.

swept/mopped 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and the hallway

cleaned 1 bathroom

put dishes in dishwasher away

cleaned kitchen

I'll have to think about my specific goals for this week. I don't know if I really want to get into a project this week. We'll see.

Wednesday all four of us have dentist appointments.

Thursday I told my 7yo I would have lunch with her at school.

Friday is my appointment to get my taxes filed.

Guest Questions

Today I bought a small tree to replace the huge one that fell on my house 3 years ago.

I've been lovingly caring for a 6' bare patch (circle of dirt) in my front lawn for 3 years planning this. The neighbors wrote me off as nuts ages ago I'm sure.

I'm almost finished digging out all the old roots & am having the new tree delivered Thurs.

It won't be big enough to provide shade for a year but then neither does a patch of dirt, lol.

I also bought a roll of short decorative wire fencing to go around the parameter so every dog in the  neighborhood will stop dropping by to do their business in my beautiful dirt circle  >:(

Then I plan to shop for some cheap summer flowers to plant around the inside of the fence surrounding the tree. I hope it doesn't come out looking too terrible.

I can ill afford this on my piddly budget but I'm just so sick of being reminded of what was everytime I look at my front yard. It was landscaped for a tree in that spot & it's obvious one is missing. (Doesn't help that I live next door to a landscaper who's yard looks like a resort!

It's spring & that means a fresh start. I sorely need this mentally so expense be damned.

It only cost me around $100. I got a cheap, fast growing 6' evergreen that will never get large enough to require a professional tree trimmer so by my calculations I've already made my money back (It's scary how my mind works, lol)

Eventually I will get out of my PJ's but so far I got the dishwasher loaded and running and unpack the last bag from camping last weekend. I plan on doing 2 loads of laundry and if I get really motivated I hope to get my kitchen floor cleaned- God it's gross right now.

For this week I plan to:

1) get the house ready for Easter

2) Get my bedroom back together

3) Get all the donations OUT OF MY HOUSE- They have only been sitting in boxes in my hallway for 4 months!

4) Get the girls Easter pictures done.

What I got accomplished today:

paid bills/balanced check book

cleaned kitchen

gathered trash, garbage, and recyclables

organized computer closet (not quite finished)

got together tax paperwork for my appointment Friday

sorted and folded laundry

mopped and swept floors

Finally there is sunlight!!! I get motivated when there is sun. When the estate company came to get the furniture I thought things would be easier but actually there seems to be more stuff to deal with.

I discovered more clothes of his and more of mine. I am getting to the point that I want everything that is too big for me to go, although some of them hold memories like the teeshirts I bought in Hawaii for $2 a piece at the Aloha Stadium's flea market.

My to do list for the week -

1. Get a skirt to wear at Saturday's Leather & Lace dance. - done :)

2. Bag up all the clothes and finally take them to Goodwill! - still working on figuring out which ones I want to keep for me

3. Break down some more boxes before tomorrow and put them in the trash. done :)

Hvnbound- If it's difficult for you to let go of the t-shirts you could always have a t-shirt quilt made for yourself. Just an idea. I kept all of my LH's t-shirts. He had enough for all three of our daughters to have a quilt made. They're being made right now. They can't wait to see them!

Dentist appointments (check!)

Guest Questions

Yay! I got my new Fraser's Photinia tree planted today..

What a workout that was digging out all the roots for 3 days, sheesh! I'm sore all over, but I got it done, all the dirt aerated/conditioned & the hole dug.

A gardener passing by saw me strugging & offered to give me a hand removing the tree from the pot & setting it in the hole.  I was so grateful as it weighed a lot!

I also got the decorative border installed around it. It looks really good even through the tree needs to mature & fill out (they grow fast though). I think I got the perfect tree for that spot.

Just just need to pick up a few summer flowers to edge the border with to make it pop.

I'm so happy I did this!

Now I will have a nice shade tree next to the driveway & for the little built-in bench next to the garage & I can stop rueing the day I lost the old tree.

Next up: Install the new tarp I bought to cover my backyard pergola.

It's only the start of spring but we're getting summer temperatures here already. It'll be 91 Friday!

(((hugs to all)))

Up way too early, so I decided to read through this whole thread to get some inspiration and motivation.  Can I give a group WOOT?!?!?  Y'all are doing great.  KEEP IT UP!!!

Virgo - thank you so much for starting this thread.  The accountability and encouragement really does help me so much.  Remember, sometimes life happens and we accomplish lots but the list remains the same.  That is when you add to the list and mark it right off immediately  ;D  Hope everything is ok with the water heater and dryer - those days/weeks do suck.  Your "not much done" looks pretty good to me!

CBB - Huge hugs to you.  Simply waking up is sometimes a major accomplishment.  Stick with us, girl.  We get it.  Baby steps.

IfIOnlyCould - Don't ya just hate it when work gets in the way of getting stuff done?  HA.  You are doing great!  WOOT!

JacklessSally - Hugs to you.  So many major hurdles, especially early on in this journey.  Be gentle on yourself while you get er done.

Baylee - If you master the art of self-painting homes, please do let me know.  Every day I look at my kitchen floor and it is the same poo brown.  Maybe if I buy paint and set it in there?  We need pics when you finish!

MissingSquish - HA.  Your first post to this thread redefines "I have shit to do".  :o  I can't say I miss those days, but it is well worth it.  Organized your sock draw, huh?  Did you get to make any sock puppets out of strays?  WOOT!

Marian - Irish washerwomen has me laughing.  I tend to be an all or nothing gal.  I can have sparkling corners in the midst of chaos and mayhem throughout the rest of the house.  Those seam cleaners are great on hardwood!  Have not tried on on anything else.

mmg - This thread really helps me - glad it helps you and others as well.  Did you get the Shark?  Aren't they cool?

DonnaP - Sending a swift kick in the pants and a WOOT!

Trying - You go girl!  I have the same issue with making appointments.  If they aren't made, they can't be missed, right?  Losing strategy, I am working on it.  You just motivated me to schedule my mammogram.  I was supposed to do that three weeks ago.  I promised myself I would go yearly like clockwork.  My first was Jan 2, 2011 - two weeks out.  I am slipping almost a month a year.  Not bad at all, but not what I promised myself.  I will call in 1 hour 59 minutes and set it up.  Thanks!

Questions - what a huge and cool accomplishment!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!

Thalginsluv - Much can be accomplished in one's PJs.  Don't knock that!  Although flylady recommends getting dressed to your shoes.  She must sure wear out a lot of footwear  8)

HB - YAY sunlight!!!  WOOT.  It sure can be rough to run into reminders like that stray shoe.  Sending hugs. Virgo has a good idea about the t-shirt quilt.  I may do that with the few things I am still hanging onto, though it will clash with itself something fierce LOL

I'm having one of "those days"....still in pj's ...lots of changes going on around me and I'm not good with change (great that I get to be a widow...the breed that gets to deal with change the most!)...so I'm heading down the rabbit hole and realized I better find my way over here and set goals before this spirals down completely...

Take shower.

Vacuum and steam mop floors.

Dust.

Three loads laundry.

Clean bathroom.

Organize papers that are starting to make a pile on the desk before they do become a real pile!

So even if I feel down...if I can push through and do it at least I will be down but with clean hair and a clean house!

^^^^THIS is when I need this thread most.  If I am in the habit of posting regularly, it is much more likely I will come here when I need to. 

Now to get off the keister and start DOing instead of just WOOTing...

Okay..Over the weekend I managed to clean out my closet of useless stuff I don't wear or haven't seen in years. Why they were still in my closet after I moved a year ago? Clueless!

2. I went through my sons clothing and parted with the majority of his things. That was a really messed up day! 5 months and it is still killing me in the inside. But I did it. I kept a few shirts in hopes that once my sanity returns, I will make a quilt or something.

3. I keep trying :)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Taking some baby steps gave me a little purpose today . Thanks to all of you here :)

Guest marian1953

donated more dress suits that I will never need again. seriously, if anyone here is 5'8" a size 2, 4  let me know if they want some lovely Anne Taylor pants. I also have some clothes from when I was bigger- size  full length camel hair long perfect skirt Talbot's size 6 I never wore and it is lovely. please pm me if you know anyone who needs some really sharp business clothes-thanks!

Marian

Guest Questions

Good job everyone!

I think we all know no accomplishment is too great or too small on this journey.

Well, I did get my butt out & shop for summer flowers, then I came home & mowed/edged my front yard & planted posies around the new tree.

I just hope I can keep them alive now..

I think my yard looks so much better with a tree in this spot even though it's still tiny.

Photinias are supposed to grow 3-4 ft every season so in a year & some luck I should see this starting to pay off..

My neighbors have all been commenting on it. My nextdoor neighbors called it "awesome" (well it's not much to look at & is far from awesome, lol) but it made me feel really good to know someone is happy to see me making an effort to improve.. A little encouragement goes a long way!

I also did also get the tarp installed over my pergola & the patio spiffied up.

I rewarded myself by having a BBQ & candle-lit tequilla party out there with my cats after the sun went down. The weather is beautiful here & I'm trying my best to enjoy it.

I also researched a bird on the internet I've been hearing a lot of since I moved here.

Hearing it brought back memories because I remember hearing daily as a child but never knew what kind of bird it was. Finally figured it out by listening to soundbytes on the internet: Mourning Dove (go figure). 

Keep up the good work everyone & don't forget to reward yourselves for a job well done! :)

(((hugs)))

DSC04039.JPG.d9c3aa9be37e1f12581f23d24c1c3418.JPG

Questions it looks great!  It will be so much fun for you to watch it grow and fill in and the flowers around the base will really add a pop.  Your home and front yard are very inviting, from your descriptions in the past I wasn't expecting it to look so perfect.  You have a lot to be proud of!

I'm also more than a little jealous of the green grass and outdoor BBQ since we are still a combination of snow and mud here!