**Daily/Weekly Goals**

Virgo

Welcome to Daily Goals!

cleaned kitchen, dining room, and living room

started laundry/put some away

went to the gym

balanced my check book (that's always fun :) )

Made some calls for quotes for the garage. A friend came over to add an extension to the rain shower head, but it didn't work out. I need to order a different part.

My daughters and I are going out for dinner before church tonight. I'm going to see if my dad wants to go along.

I've really been missing my hubby and mom the past few days. Bursting into tears, which hasn't happened in awhile. I'm trying to keep myself busy and fight the urge to crawl into my bed. I actually started making my bed every morning so I wouldn't get back in it. It works! Tomorrow will be 16 months.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals met:

Eye Dr appointment made

Pictures posted on virtual tag sale

Pantry cleaned out

Extras accomplished:

Scheduled showing the house to interested family (pre listing with agent)

Got driveway resealed

Not met: camp physical form to Dr.

Weekend goals:

Working Saturday

Clean house for showing Sunday

Pin down realtor on new house for items flagged on inspection

Hi Virgo, Trying and Needytoo-Wow!  You have all been busy getting it done!

Welcome here tmppgh-we remember what it was like to just have a goal of getting up and showering!  Just take it one day at a time and go easy on yourself.  I remember having a conversation with my therapist.  I was frustrated because I seemed unable to get anything accomplished and I had alot to get done...I had to get a house on the market to sell and all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and cry.  He told me to paint the window trim and cry...I would have still gotten the cry out and something would have gotten done too.  He promised me I would feel just a little better afterwards and he was right. 

Well, I keep getting sidetracked from my posted goals, it seems like something is always popping up (including terrible rain storms!) to move me in a different direction but I am still getting stuff done.  I finally have all of the patio stones that I was removing moved to the side of the house for the trash cans to sit on...WOW! anyone here ever move those 2x2 patio stones? Thank God I had a dolly.  The patio is now down to a more reasonable size (it was 26x16 with no bedding around it..I took out enough to make a flower bed area on one side and a border on the other now it won't be just one massive expanse of stones).  I planted some flowers but not all.  Got sidetracked to fix a plumbing issue. Rain brought me inside so I went down to basement and continued to sort and purge.  So again the patio project continues!

This weekend:

Get the bedding area cleared out of remaining base sand.

Amend the soil.

Plant perennials in the bed.

Mulch the bed.

Spray flower pots (I have the plastic pots that I spray paint a high gloss black --makes them look like ceramic without the weight and can't tell they are not ceramic!)

Plant annuals in the pots.

Vacuum and dust house.

Hugs tmpphg2015. 

IfIonlycould I still feel I don't get enough accomplished.  Wish that feeling would stop.

Well my week didn't go as plan.  Had to euthanize our old cat and kids were very against it.  Told them he passed at home.  Driving back my low tire pressure went on.  Thought I better get that taken car of so I drove to Honda.  I was making a left turn into honda on a busy road, waited for the light to turn yellow, looked clear and turned and then got hit by a van. Grrr. Got the car and tire fixed.  Was not a fun day.  Now our dog has diarrhea and I am worried sick (she gets diarrhea often eats anything). 

Last week I was at work everyday and I have been laid off.  This week I for another meeting that stretched out for the whole day.  I calmly pointed out I am not getting paid so supposely they are going to try to get some pay for me.  Next week they scheduled me for another three meetings, hello people hire me back. 

Didn't get my husband's car towed away.  Think I might have found someone that can use our old boat.  Put down landscaping cloth in  one flower bed and planted it.  Planted 8 hanging baskets, 6 more to go.  Next flower bed is a real disaster I think I should rent out a rototiller. 

I forgot about going to the bank, and ended up living the item I wanted to return at home. Other than that everything else got done. My daughter will have to study the guide they gave her and return to take a test. Nice having individual time with her today. That doesn't happen very often.

I'm in full on panic and list making mode with the up coming move and putting my house up for sale!

Signed paperwork today to put house on the market as of tomorrow.

New goals:

-Get house cleaned up for realtor pictures on Wednesday

- end of school pool party for youngest Thursday (food, drinks, games oh my!)

- buy christening cards, graduation cards, Father's Day card for FIL, gift for FIL and Bday present for nephew all by Sunday

- get dog to the groomer

I'm marking more items off of my list.

My daughters and I worked on cleaning out the garage more again today. We worked for about 6 hours. Tomorrow I have someone coming to give me an estimate on hanging insulation and drywall. Hopefully this estimate is more reasonable then that last estimate I got.

I have 5 gallons of change ready to take to the bank.

My Jeep is loaded for a run to the dump. I already made another trip to the Good Will.

I also made it to the gym today!

It took a long time but I finally can say the yard is back to its glory with exception of a few dead branches on some trees.  All flower beds weeded, landscape cloth put down, mulch covered and flowers planted.  It was very drooling hard work but I did it all by myself. 

Now onto my patio.  Weeds are now all dead and need to be removed.  Going to wash the patio stones down, put this polymer stuff in the cracks and paint the fence. 

Landscaping maintenance is on my list too! I'm just waiting for a nice day. We've had a lot of rain.

I detailed the interior of my Jeep yesterday. It needed it desperately. It needs a good wash and wax, but again I'm waiting for some nice weather.

I went through the basement and gathered more items to take to the dump. Years worth of paint cans and remnants from house projects. Why do we save stuff we think we might need later? It feels good clearing things out.

We have family visting from out of town this week, so I'm not sure what I'll get accomplished. I did pick up some more paint Thursday for two of my painting projects. We'll see I guess.

Have had 3 house showings plus realtor pictures so I feel like all I am doing is cleaning up!

11 year old's pool party was a great success, having oldest lifeguard was a big stress reducer

Cards and gifts bought for tonight and tomorrow.

Dog scheduled for groomer Tuesday on realtor open house day

New goals:

Empty out desk and 2 filing cabinets by Wednesday when my SIL will move DHs office furniture to her new house.

Clean out storage cubbies in my bedroom

Clean out built in cabinets in FR purge or pack

Remember to breath, stress is over taking me!

• 3 weeks later...

I started painting my 16yo's bathroom vanity today.  Will finish it this week.

Take change to bank.

Take items to resale shop.

Just a few of my goals.  I need to start posting again. It helps!

Never ever let mother nature take over a patio.  Wow it is hard to get it back but I think I am finally winning.  Weeds are gone, new polymer sand put between the pavers (huge nasty job did it on my hands and knees), now cleaning the pavers and will seal them on Sunday and then paint the fence then onto next project. 

I've been marking quite a bit off of my list:

finished my daughters vanity

took change to the bank $260, nice

scheduled an appointment with my insurance company to take Phil's name off of everything

scheduled an appointment to finalize Phil's gravestone

scheduled an appointment for my daughter's sports physical

scheduled an ortho appointment for myself to get fitted for a retainer

took items to resale shop $65

took items to Good Will

went to the recycle center

Still on my list for this week:

finish landscaping around my mailbox

finish trimming and weeding the landscaping

get carpets cleaned in basement (flooding issue)

put things back and organize in basement

Hopefully I can get someone to come out this week to clean the carpets. I'm going through my insurance company, so it's a little more involved then me just calling and scheduling an appointment.

-Weekend goals all finished!

-Yesterday met with moving company and finalized arrangements

-Today I called and arranged cancellation or transfer of all utilities and services from old house to new

-sent pictures of all furniture that I need to sell to estate sale person

New goals:

-Dumpster to be delivered Thurs, start filling it!

-pick up boxes and packing material

-go through the dreaded holiday decoration storage closet and purge 50%, pack the rest

Washed my kitchen floor last night. It's been on "the list" for ages. It could use another go-over, as the dirt was fairly well embedded. haha. But it's a start!

I've also been experimenting with a ton of new recipes, trying to use all the produce I get in my weekly farmshare basket! It's been a culinary adventure! I almost forgot how much I enjoy cooking :)