On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

So I decided to give online dating a try for the 1st time ever.  I talked to one guy and saw a couple of his pictures he wasn't my type but I decided to give him a chance.  We met at the movies about 20 mins before the movie started.  When I went in to shake his hand I got a foul odor but wasn't sure where it was coming from.  We proceeded to our seats and sitting next to him I noticed that the nasty odor was coming from his mouth!  It was so unbearable I couldn't bypass it.  I did offer very discreetly a piece of gum which he didn't take and he was so eager to keep talking to me so much that at I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't smell his and at one point I had to excuse myself to the bathroom because I couldn't handle it anymore....WTF!

P.S- No goodbye Kiss, no hug..YUCK!!

Oh dear November. That's brutal. 

NG had a serious foul mouth odor for the first month or two. I really really thought it could be a deal breaker for me..... I mean, it was BAD. And it was so pungent that after kissing, there was a stinky residue that stuck to my face (you know right below my nostrils too) I could not seem to wipe off on my drive home. It was vile.  But he had so many other good things going for him, I told myself I would address this at some point if things continued to progress with him. Well, after a month of dating he ended up in the hospital related to kidney issues and he nearly died. He was lying in the hospital bed and he would want me to kiss him but holy shit. Even sitting near him was BAD news. So I finally made the grimace l had been holding back and told him, "whoa, you need to brush your teeth....you clearly haven't since being in the hospital. That's nasty. I'll buy you a toothbrush and toothpaste" So I did.

And after that, it hasn't been an issue. I do not know if he simply started maintaining oral hygiene(he uses mouthwash before kissing me lately), or if not eating for a few weeks effectively "cleansed" whatever stink was in his mouth..... I know he also switched from mountain dew to 7up, and overall changed some eating habits.

I have since confessed to him that his mouth wreaked before the time in the hospital. I might be too honest sometimes. Lol.

Interesting observation about the inline dating scene.

Ok I made a couple of profiles. 1.My real one..me looking for a guy. full detail, pictures

2. A very very vague one . a guy looking for a gal about my age, nopictures

3. A very very vague one  my stats but no pic no detail.

This is all the vague one said

"Say HI or hello, anything to get my attention. Hey you never know what will happen ...a conversation may ensue and we might get to know each other. We may laugh , we may have fun. you never know.

So Say HI.

why  did I make the profiles you may ask.....well the guy one was so I could see who my competition is and what they say in their profiles.......The vague girl one was so I could anonimously check on some one that I went on a few dates with but didn't totally trust.

But here's the interesting observations.......the guy one got very little hits, maybe 2 messages.

the vague girl one got quite  a bit of interest, even with no picture., especially when it first went active.

My real one is not getting much interest unless I'm on line.

In otherwords I think if I want more interest there is a point where I should shut down my profile and start a new one. I think some people are just perusing new users.

Just me being an analyst of the trends I noticed... I honestly didn't think vague profile with no picture would generate anything....maybe simpler is better.

Nice data mining klim! Unfortunately it can require a lot of quantity dating to meet quality...or at least a decent match. I found there was profile fatigue once I was online for a while. I had a run in with Match so I had to close down and re-open a new profile on round 3. Suddenly there was a flurry of new interest and from a number of guys that contacted me before. Another option is to try a different site ? All the best - its a jungle out there.

Ah, profile fatigue -- great description, Captains Wife! It is something how, after a little break, the same folks come back round. I often wonder how many of them are copying/pasting information into their messages to multiple people. Sort of like shooting fish in a barrel, I suppose ...

Does anybody have those dates that just never disappear ? I have had a few men who I went out with only a handful of times (at most), then either no connection or they go poof and then they turn up MONTHS later and try again (with texts) ? This has happened to me several times...sigh.

Captains wife, the term I have heard for this is "being benched".  They have a hotter player, but rather than break ties or even just keep dating, they keep you in case plan A (or plans A, B and C) don't work out.  I had someone cancel a date and found it impossible to get another, only to have her message me a couple of months later.  Her problem is that I don't stay on the bench, I go wandering off to find a new ballfield!

Take care,

Rob T

I think plenty of fish is trying to tell me something. Tried going on line thru phone and iPad and nothing, won't let me on. Two days now .lol

This reminded me of something that happened to me on OKCupid. They have this quick match feature, where you can just scroll through the first page of random profiles. Every time, EVERY SINGLE time I did this on the PC, I got my boyfriend's profile. It was usually by the second or third one in. I'm sure it may have had something to do with how often we were communicating (we sent brief messages back and forth for several weeks before we had a longer exchange and then finally met) or the fact that we were such a high match. But I had a number of other high matches and exchanges and they didn't pop up or if they did it was never more than once. SO even though there may be a logical explanation, I still think it's pretty neat,. MTJJ, maybe there's some Ted Bundy type who seems appealing that POF is trying to keep you from connecting with, lol.

Good work Kilm, I once snuck onto the guy side to see what woman were posting.  I was kind of shocked and what I saw.  Lots of girls with pictures of them on beds. 

Have to say my less hippy profile has if getting more attention some good and some bad.  I had one guy send me this huge long letter and then said my profile was simple.  Couldn't even reply to it.  Two others asking for sex on the third message and some repeaters that don't even remember we have chatted before.  I had one guy find me on facebook.  I swore I didn't give him enough information to do that but he has managed to find me and wants to be friends. 

I have been chatting with two guys for awhile, still no hint of actually getting together. Just going to try the slow thing and see if it makes a difference.

Guest nonesuch

Does anybody have those dates that just never disappear ? I have had a few men who I went out with only a handful of times (at most), then either no connection or they go poof and then they turn up MONTHS later and try again (with texts) ? This has happened to me several times...sigh.

Ummm, no, never.  I guess that's the advantage of being an acquired taste, if someone didn't like me right off, he didn't feel compelled to come back for more, later.

I would second the idea of taking your profile down form time to time or at least changing the pictures frequently.  I'm certain when people see the same picture over  and over they don't bother reading the profile.

Oh my goodness......

Another widower engineer is contacting me.

I'm giving him a small chance to see of he's real but I'm not holding my breath!

Updated to add he's another scammer, shock of shocks! Thank you reverse image search!

I've seen this one a number of times...I don't get what the scam could be? ....but it must be

Hello, I have a very special friend who is a widower, His name is Gary, he's very interested in you but he's not into internet dating and he came across your profile through my account and he's been all over me about getting in touch with you, he said you seem like a woman whom has found balance in all aspect of life which is a hard thing to come by these days. He's 56 yrs old, 6'1 tall, He's a good man, all rounded complete & matured man. I didn't tell him I was gonna contact you, but thought I had to take the chance, you never know until you try. I have found love on here and I have an idea on what we want in a relationship and i believe if you email him, You both will get along and be more than a friend, it might worth it in the end. Please do contact him, I'm assuring you he'll share pictures and more info about himself with you. You can also email him personally on' (garykieser AT yahoo dot c o m )'' '' I am very sorry to bother you, one thing I can assure you is you will brighten his day if you get in touch with him.I am deleting my profile now, so i think you should take the chance to write him.

Not that it matters but does anybody even understand what the scam would be

It seems to me there is too much dialogue. I guess it could just be me but when I have been the middle person for a friend I get right to the point. I don't say anything about me. I would suspect the person writing is speaking for himself if I read this o  a site.

I've seen this one a number of times...I don't get what the scam could be? ....but it must be

Hello, I have a very special friend who is a widower, His name is Gary, he's very interested in you but he's not into internet dating and he came across your profile through my account and he's been all over me about getting in touch with you, he said you seem like a woman whom has found balance in all aspect of life which is a hard thing to come by these days. He's 56 yrs old, 6'1 tall, He's a good man, all rounded complete & matured man. I didn't tell him I was gonna contact you, but thought I had to take the chance, you never know until you try. I have found love on here and I have an idea on what we want in a relationship and i believe if you email him, You both will get along and be more than a friend, it might worth it in the end. Please do contact him, I'm assuring you he'll share pictures and more info about himself with you. You can also email him personally on' (garykieser AT yahoo dot c o m )'' '' I am very sorry to bother you, one thing I can assure you is you will brighten his day if you get in touch with him.I am deleting my profile now, so i think you should take the chance to write him.

Not that it matters but does anybody even understand what the scam would be

Haha - if this wasn't a scam? No matter, I'm not gonna date a guy who can't even write his own email and intro message! Jeez. I never got a message like this online.

What's the scam? Dunno, but whoever garykieser at yahoo is, he would then have your email address, and can easily get your IP address...

Oh I know it's a scam , it has appear probably 5 or 6 times from different people and probably a different "widow " name.....I just don't get the scam?

am  supposed to get offline fall in love and give him my money????

just wierd

am  supposed to get offline fall in love and give him my money????

just wierd

Yes!

It's funny, this is one scam I have not received.

The "widowed engineers" seem to target me!

I disabled my profile again.

I'm so frustrated by the whole on line thing.