Health & Fitness

Virgo

Guest littlebirdie

I have an hour of yoga scheduled for after work.

I had coffee with almond milk to wake myself up, clear broth with rice for breakfast, vegetable rice soup and kimchi for lunch, a couple of tangerines just now, and am planning on steamed potatoes, spinach, and white beans for dinner.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I ordered the 21 day fix and I am on day 6.  Since the workouts are only 30 mins. My other goal is to also wake up earlier to get at least 30 mins. of walking/running on treadmill.  And I want to go to bed earlier.  I tried to get up early and start my morning routine on the treadmill last week but I just couldn't get up.  I will keep you all posted!

Ran yesterday for the first time since getting pregnant (a year and a half ago).  I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight but it's all flab instead of muscle/fit/healthiness the way I used to be.  Need to get strong again, but have baby, career, and super long commute (and a partner with insanely long work hours, so pragmatically speaking no one to help with childcare).  But I need to.  Working out and running is one of the main things that helped me survive the early days and first couple years. 

I'm in on this after a long winter and caring for Mom...no time for exercise (or rather it was the first thing to go).  My goal this week is to get back to exercising 30 mins for 5 days/week.  I "should" also log my food...so far I've done that for 1/2 a day.  So maybe my goal is to do it for a full day!!  I did signup for another 5k in mid-April (I've done 3 previously).  Not sure I have enough time to get back in shape for that.  One week at a time, right?  So just 5 days straight of exercise will be and cutting back on snacking will be my goals for this week!

Normally I lift weights at the gym on Mondays, but I had errands today. I missed it! My plan is to lift tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. My daughters don't have school Friday, so I know we'll be to busy for me to go. I hope to go Saturday too.

My goal is to run a mile with my 8th grade students before the end of the school year.  I made the mistake of doing a lesson on goal setting and they turned the tables, threw down the gauntlet, and challenged me. Rotten teenagers!  :P

Getting fit has become my new hobby. I gained about 15 pounds after Alex died, thanks to mt.dew. I've since lost 10 of those pounds by using workout videos on fitnessblender.com

I've also tried to drink less soda. That is the hardest thing for me because soda is like my comfort food.

My goal this week is to cut back on the amount of mt. dew I drink!

I stopped drinking Pepsi just about a year ago, I LOVED my Pepsi and drank a lot of it.  I also switched to almonds as my go to snack, it keeps me from munching other snacks, keeps me felling satiated and they are high in protein and healthy fats.  This simple change has helped me to lose 20 lbs and I really don't miss the soda anymore.  I switched my primary drink to lime seltzer, I mostly make it at home using a soda stream machine.

Hi everyone.  Just to update.....I'm not doing a very good job on keeping or making my goals, I am still working out for 30 mins at night but I have not gone to bed earlier...well I will go to bed, but end up falling asleep very very late (usually around 12 or 1am) thus making it impossible for me to get up at 5am for a run/fast walk on treadmill.  BUT I will keep trying! 

Guest Bear1956

18 March 2015 Wed

Military press: 100 lbs x 7-6-4

Bent-over row: 100 x 12-10-8

DB press (L/R): 45 x 5-5 each arm

DB row (L/R): 45 x 10-10 each arm

Wrist curl: 45 x 25-20-15

My left delt is significantly weaker than the right. Past injuries, most likely?

Hi everyone.  Just to update.....I'm not doing a very good job on keeping or making my goals, I am still working out for 30 mins at night but I have not gone to bed earlier...well I will go to bed, but end up falling asleep very very late (usually around 12 or 1am) thus making it impossible for me to get up at 5am for a run/fast walk on treadmill.  BUT I will keep trying!

November, good for you for working out for 30 mins at night.  I could not do that AND get to bed earlier.  But don't give up--tomorrow is a new day!!  Sending you supportive vibes!

Guest Bear1956

19 March 2015 Thu

Dead lift: 245 lbs x 5-3-2 (275)

Squat: 135 x 15-12-12-10-8

Split squats: BW x 0

The 275 is my estimated 1RM by formula. The squats felt light but I am just trying to build some muscle anyhow. Felt a slight tweak in my right hammie while doing a split squat so I am done for today. I take no chances at my age.

A- Push Press:

5 Rounds: 1:30 min Per Round 3,3,2,2,1

B- Jerk:

5 Rounds: 1:30 min Per Round 2,2,2,1,1

12 Minutes worth of as many reps as possible:

10 Deadlifts 150

10 Pull Ups

5 Burpees every minute on the minute

Have to admit, towards the end I was a wreck and it was all I could do to stand up.  :P

I have a long way to go - MIke

Guest littlebirdie

I did some interval sets on my rebounder this morning. OMG, I am so hilariously out of shape with cardio. I was laughing and gasping for breath at the same time. It really makes me want to retreat to yoga, which I am good at, and leave the cardio, which I LOATHE, to other more in shape people.

I need the weather to warm up so I can start walking with the dogs again.