My dog died today

Jess

I am so heartbroken. It was very sudden. One minute she was barking because I was home and the next minute she was unresponsive. She is the first pet my husband and I had together that has died since he died, and it feels like a piece of him that he left behind has left me and joined him. It just plain sucks.

:'( :'( Sorry for your loss, so hard to lose another piece of what we had with our loved ones.  My dog passed away suddenly last summer, DH and I picked her out of a litter of puppies when she was 4 months old, trained her, loved her, she was his best buddy.  So hard.  Hugs to you ~ 

So sorry to hear your sad news, Jess! It is always tough with the animals, as they become true family members. My LH and I had two cats before we had our daughter. When one of our cats passed away at 18 years of age, we were grieving as if we lost a child, I could not force myself to visit vet with the second cat, it became my husband's sole resposibility to take him for his checkups. Now that I am left to take care of everything by myself, I am so preoccupied with everything else, I feel like I am neglecting the second cat. He got so much of the love and attention when my husband was alive.

The only comforting thought is that now my husband and my sweet cat that passed are together. I often tell him to pet and kiss her for me and tell her that..." mommy is missing you both"...

Jess I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.  Our pets give us that unconditional love that we find no where else and the connection to your DH must make it an even more difficult loss. Big hugs to you.