O.T. How many TVs do you have?

Sugarbell

We were a one TV household till 3 years ago. When my kids got into PS games...I bought a large flat screen downstairs and we had one upstairs living room with PS.

So now.....12 year old and his buddies like hanging out downstairs watching TV. 10 year old likes playing PS upstairs (and it's easier to monitor upstairs)...Plus I don't unhook the PS (too confusing) so we were back to one TV to watch.

I had mentioned that I would like my own TV in my bedroom someday...My guy friend bought me a nice flat screen and mounted it to the wall. Problem is....now suddenly my 3 kids like to hang out in my bedroom and watch that TV (novelty I guess).

Thinking about unhooking it and cable and going back to just 2 TV (only one we can watch)

How many TVs do you all have??? Growing up we only had one...but most my friends had several. I  am just curious....We aren't home much...but it seems like at 8:00 at night and on weekends we needed more.

I know it's a random question..

We had two TV's when I was growing up (I'm 42). Always a nice color one for the living room, and a cheapie B&W that spent time in my parent's room  or our kitchen.

DD and I have 4 TV's but don't use them all (my room, her room, kitchen, and living room). I watch mine rarely, and usually just use my laptop. DD's TV and the one in the kitchen get the most use. It is my goal (and DD is slowly slowly coming around) to eliminate our satellite service and just have Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Guest TooSoon

We (maybe not surprisingly) have no TV.  When M was born we said no commercials and we stuck to that.  My Mom and Dad have TV and so does my FIL but at home it is movies on the computer or games on the ipad.  But I'm a weirdo, though you already knew that.  :)

Guest Kamcho

One. Temporarily in my bedroom, covered with a decorative dust cloth. No cable. Movies or TV on DVD.

I go to my sisters once a week to watch GOT. It's my indulgence.

Guest TooSoon

Kamcho, my daughter goes to my parents every Friday night to watch The Amazing Race with them.  Its like a huge special treat for her!  As a huge soccer fan, making it through the World Cup last summer without TV was a challenge.  I had to watch it on Univision Online but I guess the silver lining is that my Spanish improved exponentially! 

I have only one TV that tunes channels and stuff, in the family room downstairs.  One more old 20" in my office can watch shows on the DVR in the other room - I can watch something if my daughters are watching the real TV, and it might get used once a month.  And one tiny 9" that just hasn't been donated yet.

I do also have a Slingbox, which means I can watch stuff on my laptop from anywhere, and is a better deal than my office TV.

Take care,

Rob T

We have 3.  The kids basement playroom which is where play station is, the family room and my bedroom.  I have a terrible habit of needing the TV on to fall asleep at night even if I'm reading a book.

I have an older one in my bedroom with basic cable, one new from Christmas flatscreen that is internet enabled and hooked to cable in the family/living room and a four year old flatscreen in the basement with apple TV attached no cable.  The kids all have laptops for school so have access to Netflix etc.

Growing up we had one TV and my parents had one. 

I basically stopped watching TV when my wife died.  I am now basically watching Netflix and will occasionally watch something with the kids but I prefer to put on a movie or Netflix.  I am right on the edge of canceling cable since there is so much available over the internet these days.

Eight, in a house of four (he said, cringing). The three in the kids' rooms aren't hooked up to cable, though. I can't conceive of getting rid of cable, even though I probably haven't watched a full TV show in years.

I have two, no cable, both downstairs. My husband and I agreed not to ever have any in bedrooms, (not even our own) we like to make sure that the family isn't separated all the time doing their own thing and we can all be close. Some nights I will put the old black and white Alfred Hitchcock shows on my phone and all the kids crawl in bed to watch it with me. 

One in family room.  Basic cable.  On week-ends I hook up X-box for the boys when they ask.  DH and I were in agreement that we wanted no TV's in bedrooms.  Considering dropping cable since the cost does not justify the use.  Boys like sports programs and that seems to be our major use of TV.

Three (cringe).  DH and I had one that was not on often, as well as a "no electronics in any bedrooms" rule - we only had one bedroom but wouldn't have let (future) kids have TVs in their rooms.  Now with new partner: living room (always on, it kills me), our bedroom (never on) and his son's room (won't stay in his room for bedtime without a movie on so boyfriend allows with no qualms to my horror).  I don't want my daughter to ever have a TV in her room (or watch too much TV), so we'll see how this plays out.  Ugh. 

Guest marian1953

One. It came with Mike. My first TV ever, in my late 50's. I really do not like it.

Marian

I don't know how many I have. No cable. Until New Guy, no TV in the bedroom. We watch netflix movies sometimes, and have a digital antenna, so once in a while we check out broadcast. (Stupidbowl, and other major sports events)

I know there is one in the livingroom. I think the spare rooms may have one. Haven't turned them on in years.

5 (cringe)...all hooked up to cable and 4 with DVR boxes....and I live alone!  DH liked watching TV--mostly sports and I haven't gotten rid of anything since he passed.  I've got one in the kitchen, office, family room/finished basement, living room, and bedroom.  I use the one in the basement only when on the treadmill and I rarely watch the one in the bedroom.

3 at the moment - living room, TeenQueen's room and my bedroom.  Before the 2 older kiddos moved out, it was up to 5.  In self defense, there is only so much Teen Wolf, anime, Halo and Disney Channel I could take.  Sending them their rooms was the only way to save my remaining brain cells.  :)

Wow.

So it seems very varied...some none, some with no cable some homes with many.

Every evening after ball....my 2 younger kids hang in my room to watch Disney channel. The other TV upstairs is just PS...so instead of going downstairs-they lay in my bed for an hour. I really don't like my room becoming grand central station.

I have yet to watch TV in my room. I have a habit of playing documentaries on Netflix on my phone to put me to sleep. Never watch TV. So...not sure what I will end up doing.

Kids won't have TVs in there room...I have an old 19 inch from 25 yrs ago my daughter wants in her room-not paying for the cable hook up.

So 3 isn't an excess number. Think I need a padlock on my bedroom door. I don't like my room being the " kids cave"

Guest IronBear

We have a couple used for netflix, hulu, and xbox.  We have had no cable for many years.

I never believed in television in bedrooms, but my husband always had one, so I now have one. My kids do not. They also don't hang in our room to watch. That would be awkward as our kids are teens. Of course, teens mostly watch on laptops and tablets now. So . . . we actually have SIX televisions after merging our homes, but we only have two with cable, the family room and our bedroom.

The others:

1. basement for Xbox for my son

2. upstairs spare room for Xbox for my stepson

3. loft for Wii for my daughter, but she's only used it once

4. a random sitting there tv that has no purpose

Honestly, the only reason we have them is for merging teens, we wanted them to have an escape if needed, and we had three in each of our homes so ended up with six. It's wicked embarrassing when company comes as I'm an English teacher and preach about books versus tv. :-)

None -- but please don't ask about books, magazines, CD's -- that number is cringe-worthy.

I loathe TV, especially:  Faux, CNN, most US mainstream stations, most Canadian mainstream stations and all foreign stations.  :P

I like to read and listen, and I love movies.

Go ahead and put me on the No-Fly List.

We have two tvs that are largely unwatched. One of them is watched when I exercise and the other, when a sitter is there.

All our media consumption goes through our iPads, of which we have two. The girls often watch a single iPad together.