Loss of a member

Wheelerswife

I just read on Facebook that YWBB member LeslieG (correct me if I am wrong!) has died.  I didn't see any details.  I had the opportunity to meet Leslie at a bago in DFW a few years ago.  Leslie was a tiny woman with a huge heart who always had supportive and thoughtful comments for fellow widows.  I know that she had recently had a medical procedure to address some pain issues, but this death appears quite unexpected.  Leslie was a chat room regular and many here will miss her.

Maureen

No words, only tears. Leslie was very dear to my heart. There's even a care package sitting on my table here, ready to send out tomorrow! My kids knew about her, and loved to draw and colour pictures for their adopted gramma! Leslie shared her calm and gentle spirit willingly, and will be forever remembered!

Guest Munsen

Leslie had become one of my dear telephone widow friends. I shall miss her and our wonderful chats immensely.

When we'd last chatted, a few days before her procedure last Monday, we were both commiserating about our birthdays having just passed (she was Mar 29 and I the 28th) and laughing about how old we were getting and that our guys wouldn't recognize us when they saw us next. And here she is gone Home so unexpectedly.

I confess I'm taking this sudden news hard but I take great comfort in knowing that she  is rejoicing at being with her Jack again and I know how much she missed him. I look forward to that future day when we will meet again and I can meet the guy who inspired so many wonderful stories.

She will be deeply missed, not just by me but by many who were touched by her kind and gentle spirit.

<3

so heartbreaking leslie was a wonderful person how i enjoyed our talks in chat and on facebook this is so hard to believe but im glad she is reunited with her beloved jack oh how bella her canine companion is gonna miss her just like all of us who came to know and love her

I am sad to read this. She was a very sweet person who really reached out to others. Munsen, your post touched me mentioning her being reunited with her husband. It makes me feel happy for her in that respect.

Sending tight hugs to all of you who knew and loved her...

Shocked and heartbreaking news.

I "knew" Leslie from ywbb...but she reached out to me in private messages early on in my recovery from pills. We discussed at length addiction and how recovery can work. We also talked about the RX problem in her area and what she saw thru patients at the VA.

Damnit.

I just got off work after midnight then drove home to check out Facebook and one of my wid sisters posted about LeslieG's passing. I was lucky enough to have met her in the chat room back in 2012 and we became FB friends soon after I joined FB to find out about the 2013 Fort Lauderdale bago. She and I have talked on the phone numerous times over these three years and last chatted on FB chat on the 5th.

She came to southern Illinois to visit her DH's grave and helped me when I finally visited my DH's grave for the first time since the funeral, she will be greatly missed by me and I know many, many others. She had a sweet spirit and was this amazing friend to me. I am sad today but am also happy that she is with her wonderful Jack. I will miss you Leslie!!!

I am shocked and jostled to lose Leslie.  She was a sweet soul; I agree with others commenting on her kindness and thoughtfulness.  The tributes here and on Facebook are a fine testament.

Take care,

Rob T

I was fortunate enough to have several opportunities to speak with Leslie in the chat room over the last year. I enjoyed her kindness and thoughtfulness, and will miss her presence.

Rest peacefully, Leslie. You were there during some of my darkest widowhood days, and for that, I shall always be greatful.

** heart hurts **

I was another that was touched by her 'realness' and we had several exchanges in PM. 

One lively (and somewhat silly) exchange was me encouraging her to get a Passport - if only for the excitement about 'possibilities', and promised her a road trip through the Rocky Mountains if she ever found herself in Canada with said Passport. 

Rest, sweet lady --- you are remembered well.

I am sad for all those she left behind, including us. But take solace in knowing her reunion with her beloved husband was joyful.

The circumstance also brought back the feelings of being so incredibly *annoyed* at YWBB. I wish we still had her words. So kind, helpful. Would have been a fitting tribute to re-read her posts. But, they are lost.

I am also frustrated with ywbb, now for a new reason. I remember the screen name, and I used to frequent chat, but i could use an avatar or a few familiar posts to jog my memory. Sigh.

Guest fleur

Sometimes it might not seem like but we all matter.  I am truly sorry for the loss of Leslie.  As far as I can recall, she never had a bad word for anyone and I thought that she was somehow making her way, planning for retirement. 

I think sometimes it is hard too because people come and go on the site(s).  Most often, their absence is associated with turning a better corner in their lives.  Leslie, I do hope that you somehow know that you made a difference.