Confessions of a widow

Tweety76

1.  I can't figure out how to shop for groceries cause I don't know what to buy.  I always had to consider Rob's needs and now its just me and DD.  I don't even know what the two of us like to eat!

2.  I want to attack hug every man I know.  I just miss being held so much.

3.  My house is a disaster!  I just can't even. 

4.  DD spends much of her time playing on the tablet cause its an escape for her.  And I let her cause she misses her daddy so much.  And then I escape into my phone.  We are becoming screen addicts. 

My bed is full of stuffed toys. I can't help myself. I've got a bunny, a hedgehog, an otter, a kitty, a husky, two Ugly Dolls, a Worry Doll, a tiny dog, a baby seal that belonged to my grandmother, and the teddy bear my grandpa gave me when I was two. I also have Sven and Kristoff from Frozen, and I was super excited yesterday when I found Anna and Elsa at a thrift store. Even if somebody wanted to share my bed (which no one does, or likely ever will), there wouldn't be room. :-\

Jen, You know the pile of mail, papers, etc that many folks have on their table or a counter somewhere? My pile sits on my one side of my bed, along with my bills binder, etc.. It is out of sight of others since I'm the only one in my bedroom and it fills in the empty space that I can't stand to look at. My trouble is the cats like to lie on the piles and get them out of order, as well as sometimes wrinkled. We do what gets us by. Your bed sounds much more snuggly.

My voicemail is almost completely full, of messages from my husband that I can't erase, because you know, he's dead, and my boyfriend, which I won't erase, because, you know, he could die too.

If you have an iPhone, get iExplorer to save voicemails and texts to your computer.

I'm not very tech savvy. I played the messages out loud and recorded them with the sound recorder on my laptop. Then I made back up copies of them. I only had a few that were on an old answering machine as I had cleared the messages off my phone right before T passed away. They are pretty precious to me, though.

Windows every 2 weeks? You ladies rock!! I'm pretty sure my grandmother who raised me is looking down on me in horror and wondering if I've forgotten everything she ever taught me about housekeeping. I remember that we used to iron sheets and pillow cases growing up. I don't even iron my clothing very often any more (but I do have a steamer I use, as well as the dewrinkling spray). My husband usually did the ironing as he was better at it. In my pursuit to get every single wrinkle, I tend to press new ones in.

I bow to your window cleaning commitment!!

I am in awe of the window cleaners here!

Window cleaning wasn't my job (nor the ironing ... I'm happy with wrinkled clothes) so they haven't been done in nearly two and a half years. There are horse prints on the outside of some windows and dog prints on the inside of others.

Am I a totally slovenly  person or does the fact my cooker is clean redeem me?

My fridge is surprisingly, actually astoundingly, clean. Although, I do have some sweet potatoes lurking at the bottom of the vegetable drawer that I keep forgetting to use!

By beloved OH would be gobsmacked at my ongoing domestication. That should tell you how domestic I am ....

Guest TooSoon

I once found 9 used coffee mugs on the floor of my car.  Not to go cups - just ceramic mugs.  That was probably two years ago and I'll also admit that it hasn't improved that much since then. 

Type-B about the domesticity side of life...

I once found 9 used coffee mugs on the floor of my car.  Not to go cups - just ceramic mugs.  That was probably two years ago and I'll also admit that it hasn't improved that much since then. 

Type-B about the domesticity side of life...

Can there be a lower level than Type B??? 😨

Not sure I can be at B level....

smm,

I am so intrigued by the horse prints on the outside of your windows. Do your horses come look into the windows of your house? Are you speaking of nose prints or actual footprints? I love horses - find them so beautiful. Alas I'm afraid of heights so never really enjoyed riding, but I do enjoy loving on them.

Guest Damiansinc

Confession: The day I placed Sara in a nursing home I came home to find out my house was (and clearly had been) fully infested by fleas.  :o I mean everywhere. I was too blind by stress to even notice before.

So clean...yeah...you'd think that experience would have inspired me to wash my windows a little more. Alas, no. I did buy a roomba and love it!

Guest TooSoon

ALD, what's a roomba?

A round vacuuming robot. Cleans a room then docks to charge. You can program it to clean at any time.

A roomba does more than clean.