Other than a couple of family members, you all are the first to know....

lcoxwell

I have officially been offered a teaching position near New Guy! It is THE position I wanted, doing what I do now, except with high school, rather than middle school students. This was the deciding factor, in whether I would be able to move this Summer, or not. Looks like I am going to be moving!

Right now, I am filled with a mix of emotions, of which there are too many to list, without this becoming ridiculously long, but here are a few:

1) I am excited about starting a new life and seeing what the future holds.

2) I am sad to leave behind this house, this job, and this town, where I have spent so much of my life,

and where so many happy memories were made. I feel like I am leaving my Kenneth behind, too.

3) I am a bit scared. Change is scary, starting over is scary, and leaving a tenured teaching position to

start a new teaching position elsewhere is scary.

4) I am overwhelmed with all that needs to be done in the next few weeks to make this move happen.

My health and level of exhaustion is going to make this move even more overwhelming than usual.

5) I am worried about my finances and being able to afford this move. I am also worried about my

dogs, who may have to be given away, if I cannot find a place that will allow me to keep them.

Anyway, my mind is in a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, right now. I was so excited about the job offer, though, that I had to tell someone; and I didn't want to tell people IRL, until after I officially turned in a resignation from my current teaching position.

Wow, congratulations, lcoxwell! That's great! And I don't think you're leaving Kenneth behind. You might be leaving a place where he lived, but you're not leaving the love and other intangibles that made/make him the person you love. Those will always be with you, no matter where you may be geographically. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Thank you all so much for the warm wishes and congratulations. I officially turned in my resignation yesterday, and I meet with personnel at the new school district tomorrow, so I can get my orientation packet and start signing paperwork. Things are starting to sink in that this is really happening. Yikes!

Dear Icoxwell, that is GREAT news!!! Very glad for you, your dream job? Congratulations!!

Change is always scary and takes an extra load of effort. I have just moved back from the Caribean to Europe , to my old house (that I shared with A), my old job and the change still has me off my feet. But that does not mean I won't change anymore. We all deal with these things differently, some of us need a more constant life, others crave change. I belong to the latter but it is still exhausting, especially all the official crap and paperwork.

Anyway, one step at the time (ain't we all really good at that???) and you will grow into these shoes that just feel a touch too big just now.

Best of luck and you should not forget to celebrate this!!!

And maybe moving away from the place where you lived with Kenneth, may help you cover new ground.

you go girl!!

I have now officially started looking for a new place to live. Still seriously worried about finances and my dogs, but as my sister and New Guy have both pointed, things will fall into place, when the time is right.  :-\