OMFG!!! I start a new job on Monday!!!!

HvnBound

Finally, after struggling to just simply survive these past three years, having to sell my furniture or to get a part time job that only lasted a month or less during the off season, I got a job starting on Monday that will pay almost double of what I was earning at the stadium!!! I am so freaking happy :D  No more working nights at the stadium! No more paying union dues when the Cards play in town, no more paying $7.75 to park when it is game day!

I will actually be able to start saving money now, I just cannot believe it. I am blessed!

Thanks to all of you who sent positive vibes or prayers my way! I have been so patient and finally it has paid off. I will be working in an office Monday thru Friday :)

Thank you everyone! The day of my interview a lady recognized me from when we worked together in 2006 and spoke up for me. She also was the person who was to train me, on my first day we caught up on what happened since. Of course I told her my story, which included my widowhood, jobs, new interests like dance and motorcycles....then I learned about her story - she was widowed after being married just 9 months, this was when she was in her twenties, now she is in her fifties, never knew that about her before but she shared that she lost close friends and close family members in the process and that she had to struggle to survive and now is happily married for about 20 years. Small world.

It is funny that at major steps in my journey, it seems like I always run into a wid, who has been there, who yet again shows me that I will survive this....and I will thrive.

I do love the job, it is easy and I love working days again. I did receive a call from my old boss but I ignored the call, my guess is that he really needed my help Tuesday night, no thanks, no more working til 1 or 2 in the morning.

Now looking forward to my first check next Friday!!! Whooo hoooo! :D

I am so happy that you are enjoying your job, and that you no longer need to work so late at night! I would also have to concur with you on what you said about meeting widows/widowers at key moments along the way. I have experienced this, also. I have to admit, it is because of them, and the support I have found here, that I have made it through nearly 16 months of widowhood, without spending the entire time in a huddled mass, crying all the time.