Confessions of a widow

Tweety76

Guest littlebirdie

1. I live on coffee most of the time--

For the first year or so, I did too. I was literally drinking a pot of coffee a day. I've seriously cut back to one mug in the morning, but for a while caffeine was the only thing that fueled me.

Guest littlebirdie

Ah, I see. With me it was all about the caffeine. I couldn't sleep, so it kept me functional. :)

1) I have almost completely converted to using paper plates and cups and plastic spoons, because I just don't have it in me to wash the dishes. 

2) I also frequently use the the cheap, plastic containers to store leftovers, so that when said leftovers have taken on a life of their own (because I haven't bothered to clean out the fridge), I can just toss them in the trash, container and all, without feeling quite as guilty for throwing good money away.  Again, it lets me avoid dishes. 

3) If I could reasonably justify never cooking again (financially and nutritionally), and just eat drive through or take out for the rest of my life, I would, because, you guessed it, I could avoid washing dishes.

Guest TooSoon

In a confession long ago, I mentioned that the pizza man hugged me, indicating that maybe I had a problem both with pizza delivery frequency and with living in a town where the pizza guy heard about my husband through the Syrian-American grapevine  and thus felt compelled to hug me.

In a pizza delivery incident tonight, the new hipster pizza delivery man was so chatty and friendly, inquiring about the Union Jack in the planter by my front door (M's doing for our January visitor from the UK) and going on about his family and time in the UK, that for an instant I thought, maybe I should invite him in to join us for a slice? 

Confession? I was home alone last night and was very tempted to allow a married man to come over. Not just to visit either. He is a friend. We talk a lot, and it gets a little inappropriate at times. I've known him and his wife for years. Yes they have a troubled marriage, but they are MARRIED. Why does 'skin hunger' make you so crazy?? I was mentally listing the pros and cons, seriously. :sigh: Really only one 'pro' here, and that was to satisfy my urges. Not good! Full disclosure, I haven't been with anyone since my husband passed away. I've never had casual sex, and I would have never even considered being with a married man before. A little disappointed in myself.

Thanks, it looks like I'm going to have to continue to be the moral compass in this friendship.

that is not an easy feat when our true north seems to be missing.  Stay strong.  A few minutes of pleasure is not worth the destruction.

Virgo, yes skin hunger can make you crazy!  The important thing is you didn't so anything you would regret later.  You may need to limit contact until these feelings subside because it's not easy to make the right decision when the flirting gets things going.  Time to start dating maybe?  Talking and flirting with available men could distract you from married guy.

1. I work full-time and bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, yogurt and an apple every day. Every single day. It's boring, but quick and cheap.

2. I've completely taken over my master bedroom. My husband died in the winter, and that spring I (and my sons) cleaned out his closet so I could bring out my summer clothes. Now I have a winter closet and a summer closet. I've taken over the bathroom. I have the entire medicine cabinet and vanity all to myself (my sons use the downstairs bath). I often wonder how I could ever live with someone again (it's been 8 years since he has been gone). But then again, how did I manage to live with him for 26 years??

Hello everyone!  My confessions are:

*I try to remember the bad times me and my husband had so I won't feel sad.

*I am now buying lots of foam plates and cups so I don't have to wash dishes.

*I think I like my kid's soccer coach...Not sure if it's mutual..(But I think it's just me wanting it to be!)

*There is another soccer mom whom I don't like- Let me tell you why.  She's my age, she is super hot- thin/very good looking lady- and I don't like her because I've seen the soccer coach eyeing her.  Well last weeks game I had to sit next to her and we started talking turns out she is very nice and easy to talk too-- Bitch!!!!

Here are a few of mine:

>Last night I ate a candy bar and ice cream for dinner.  But, in my defense, I did eat a healthy lunch. 

>At 6 months, the last towel Dan used is still hanging in the master bathroom.  I'm not in a rush to move it. 

>I workout, clean the house and hang out on the deck listening to Dan's ipod.  There are lots of great memories in those songs so it brings smiles and tears.

>Early on I would "embrace" or "hug" his pillow, warm it up and then move it in position to "spoon" me. :) crazy, right?

My 12-year-old son is determined to smoke. NO ONE in our family smokes. I have swept his room repeatedly, I have seized contraband, I have grounded him and taken away all his electronics, and somehow he is still finding ways to get cigarettes. I have no idea how he's doing it-- we just moved, he has no friends in the neighborhood, and I sincerely doubt the first grade girl across the street (the only other kid in the area, apparently) is helping him. While most of me wants to strangle him, part of me secretly admires his ingenuity. Also, I'm considering joining him.

lol Jen. I know it's not funny, but it's funny.  Mine are doing the same thing.  I have no CLUE where it comes from.  And the 16 year old boy has decided to try his hand at drinking too, and he's JUST like his dad there. Which is scary.  And yet right now Id love a bottle of Moscato. Or Three.