Stress with his ex pushing me over the edge

Trying

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We just go home from the honeymoon last night.

The wedding was beautiful despite the torrential rain that moved the ceremony inside.  All 5 boys were present, very happy, and not a dry eye in the house when we made vows to each other's children. My oldest walked me down the aisle, my youngest and his two were in charge of the rings and my middle son signed our marriage license.    Both his family and mine were very touched by how close our 5 boys are and any silent doubts about our blending were squashed by the obvious bond they have.  Both of current DHs parents have passed and his sisters were so happy to see his boys embracing "Nana" (my mom) as their only grandparent.  She is equally thrilled to have two new grandsons since 5 out of 6 of her biological ones are adults. 

I wore a bracelet from my late DH that was only meaningful to me and felt his approval in our sons' true happiness for me and acceptance of current DH.

6 days alone for our honeymoon was such a blessing after all of the stress and now we are ready to continue his custody fight.  More issues have come up that we put on the back burner for a week and need to address now.

Thank you all for sharing in my journey, being my sounding board and my support, for understanding the challenges of chapter 2 when no one else in my life does.

I will try to figure out how to post pictures when I have more time.

Warning- BIG RANT

She is an evil, evil bitch!!  She is still refusing to discuss the parenting plan despite him offering 2 options, they go back to court next week and are supposed to have a plan.

Tomorrow is his birthday and he asked if he could have the kids overnight after taking them to soccer practice. Her answer "no".

Youngest son's teacher emailed them both yesterday about him being very emotional during a Veterans Day song and asked them if there is something she needs to be sensitive about.  He has no relatives that died in war so reason is not obvious.  He wanted to talk to his son and see what the problem was and if he is ok.  Dozens of phone calls to her went unanswered.  Multiple texts requesting he speak to his son for hours.  Nothing.  Finally she responds with a "sorry I can't jump whenever you want, we are busy" and never let him speak to him.

She applied for free lunch for the kids, excluding his income, child support and the fact that he has an active lunch account linked to his credit card for each that they have always used.  She has never paid for lunch.  The school has said there is nothing they can do about her fraudulent application and they can't let the kids use the lunch account he set up and they have used for 2 years.  This is a hard working, proud man who is more than capable of providing for his children and does not want them receiving assistance they do not need.  Is he supposed to shell out more money to a lawyer to fight to be able to pay for his kids lunch? 

She is so vindictive and does all of this claiming she only wants what's best for her children.  Ha!

Trying - wow just wow. I'm sorry. Hopefully she will be out of your space as much as possible, the court gives NG more time and he deals with her appropriately (and keeps the drama sheltered from you and your kids). The strength you have in dealing with this is amazing - i am dealing with something similar on my side and it's wearing on me admittedly. All the best : ) Enjoy being a newlywed and try and block her out.

trying -- this ramp up is because of the wedding. He is moving forward, you all are happy. You have what she did not, or what maybe she had and eventually no longer had. Not your issue, but she is making it so. More importantly, she is not realizing that the rest of the world (the children's school) can see that she is off her rocker on this one. Having had something of a similar experience with LH's ex, my recommendation to him would be to ask for a meeting with the teachers. Go to the school, talk to them. If he has partial custody, he should be able to talk to the teachers and maybe even see his children while they are at school. Will it freak her out? Probably. But if he has an opportunity to talk to the people who have 'control' over his childrens' lives for the majority of their every waking hour, he might be able to gain some support from them (the teachers, administrators). If getting to the teachers is too forward, maybe he can talk to their school counselors. While those folks are primarily about class schedules, they are the go-to when students have issues, including emotional ones like his son and the veteran's thing.

{{{hugs}}} Stay strong, sis.

Ugh, she's a loose cannon for sure and I can't imagine the stress that this creates.  Undoubtedly others see that she's loony and this behavior will come around to get her eventually.  I agree with arneal in your DH talking with teachers and/or counselors at school, as a parent he should have full rights to communicate the needs of his son and talk about any issues that are going on.  Seems that the crazy ex needs to be taken out of the loop right now, and dealing with issues while he's at school may be the way to go.  Good luck, hope the craziness fades soon for all of you.

A friend from my past life fathered a child with someone who is a supreme button pusher. She likes to keep poking around, looking for that perfect nerve to tap into. When I observed her, she was relentless in her cause and took great satisfaction in driving one to madness. A real soul sucker.

In your case, I'm sure her ex getting married really revved those engines up to full gear. There's probably only one way to 'win' with someone of this temperament and it is not easy in the least. Your new husband must find his way to complete detachment in all things where she is concerned. Because these kind of people absolutely thrive on fucking with others and usually have boundless energy for the task. The calmer he is the harder she will push so you probably will need to be his cheerleader on this, which means sucking up all the hateful shit you want to say and do. I'd suggest starting some kinda journal to get it all out...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Trying,

Everything you said in the letter was true. Will it help? I hope so. Am I confident? No. She sounds like she has a personality disorder.

My parents did this crap w me. I moved far away, and they will die alone likely. Not bc I am a cold hearted beyotch but bc I had to build my life far away from their toxicity for my own health.

Her kids will remember and resent this. It is a form of abuse. I agree w talking to teachers, no child should be treated this way. They aren't property.