kagill's Real Sex, what are you needing?

MissingJoan

((Just Jen))

Trust me, you are not the only one worried about that!

I do get the "you're young you will find someone else" comments, but only because I'm young, I truly don't think it has anything to do with people believing that I am that great of a prize that I will have men beating down my door,lol. Maybe no one has made that comment for the mere reason that the people in your life know that it's not exactly the most sensitive comment to make to someone who has lost their spouse, because honestly it isn't something that I enjoyed hearing.

I also worry that I will be alone the rest of my life. I live in a small community where all the single men are either: old enough to be my grandpa ( nothing against older men, but...), young enough to be my child ( not quite, but close), or single for a reason (meaning, not exactly relationship material)! Honestly at this point I am too busy, too tired and just not ready for any kind of relationship with another man. I'm working on finding myself, discovering who I am now that my 'other half' has been taken from me, and taking care of my own happiness...but I still worry that when the time is right for me, I won't be able to find someone. And around here if you do have a casual fling, everyone knows about it by the next day, so for my own reputation and for my kids sake even that is not possible!

The thing is once you've loved and been loved, it's very hard to lose that and think that you will never find that again!

I know this is a sex thread and I've kind of went off topic, but yeah part of a relationship is obviously the sex, which in my opinion or at least in my relationship was a very important part.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get a LOT of sex. Which is strange. WAY more than when I was married (OMG this feels TMI). He's a fwb and I know it's not going to end happily ever after. And I'm afraid that spending all my time with him and getting IRRITATED when others ask me out is stunting me and keeping me from looking for someone I can actually be with.  I feel safe and can ask for anything sexually and get it, and feel pretty free giving too and "starting over" with someone else feels like it'd push me over the edge to insanity.  If you gotta ruin your own life I guess it's easier if it feels good lol

Carey- I agree that being in a fwb situation makes it less likely that you will start looking for someone interested in a relationship. BUT, maybe you're not ready for a relationship yet.

My fwb situation is on a break for now. It was good for the short time it lasted, but it changed for me. I'm not saying I wouldn't consider another fwb situation, but more than likely not with him. I'm leaning more toward dating, but just a little scared to take that first step.

Guest look2thesky

FWB seems to end weird. Not saying it doesn't satisfy an urge but someone always seems to want more or get hurt.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

I shouldn't admit that, I guess, but if I can't be candid in this thread, where can I? I'm 40 years old. My husband died; my libido didn't. I mean I am seriously, deeply afraid that I'm never going to be touched again. The idea that I might have to spend another 40 years celibate-- never any sex at all, let alone the kind I want-- is nearly as devastating to me as the fact of Jim's death. That probably makes me a terrible, jacked up person in need of professional help, but-- fuck it, I have to wear the mask everywhere else, I may as well lay it all out here. Hope no one will hold it against me. And if they do, well, I'm sorry. It's just where I am.

No need to apologize for your feelings. We are all human. I was in my later forties when my husband (50) died. I had many of the same thoughts. Who could I possibly find who'd want me (an aging, wrinkled, past-her-prime mother of two...). But guess what? Lightning DID strike again for me. And it can for you too, so long as you are open to that idea. Good luck. And may the force be with you ...

HUGS,

Donna

The 40's are an amazing time!  Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't seem to get enough.  It's like being a teenager except now I know so much more and have way more confidence.  Not to mention that a 45 year old man is much more giving than an 18 year old!

The 50's are pretty amazing too! Grateful for that! I'm guessing that FWB wouldn't be a good choice for me.

Ditto , ditto and more ditto..Scared to death to even try . 50 is lurking and I am freaking out! The websites really scare me and from what I have seen , I may have to join a convent :)

I need an amazing bear hug and naked cuddle with Squish, wrapping his body around mine and making me feel safe. 

And then it needs to stop after a few minutes because both of our shoulders are going numb.

Actually I also miss the way he used to brush and braid my hair. Sent tingles down my spine.  Or a goodnight kiss and to let me fall asleep alone but when I'd wake up in the middle of the night, he was there, sleeping next to me.

I guess this isn't about sex much at all. Just missing him tonight.

Okay, I have spent the last three days in bed, feeling tingly all over, and being poked and prodded, and there was not a bit of sex to be had in any of it. If it weren't for the fact that half my body is numb, I could use a really good, old fashioned roll in the hay, if for no other reason than to make sure all my parts still work.  ;)

Just wondering if Jen is home from work yet... ;)

Back at work today, still trying to crush every erotic thought that occurs to me. It won't. Go. Away. I've considered doing something completely irresponsible and looking for a hook up on Craig's List or something, but I'm too scared. I don't know how to deal with this. What will win out, fear or sex? This desperation terrifies me. I hate feeling out of control, but I need-- something. I can't get it. I'm so tired, I wish I could just turn my brain off. :(

Do you know anyone that would be up for a FWB situation Jen? That way it would be someone you know and a safe. It's hard. I feel the same way. I started a FWB situation, but we didn't get very far (no intercourse.) It just didn't feel right.