Health & Fitness

Virgo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I posted yesterday, I would be "Yes! This is working! In 10 days since I added a 5th hour of cardio and lowering my calorie intake to 1500 +/- 50 calories and keeping track of everything with myfitnesspal (MFP) I am down another 2 lbs.

However, this morning, sure I would be down or at least the same, I was back up a pound. Ughhh. I know it doesn't mean anything, especially since I haven't cheated, not even days ago where it would be catching up to me. I am sure it will even out, I just wish I could resist the urge to get on the stupid scale every day. I really should only do it once a week.

I did buy new inserts for my running shoes and ran without shin splints for the first time in forever.

Donna, how do I add you to MFP, email or facebook?

hachi,

My user name is dpintek. See if you can search and add me. Or, if you need to use Facebook, try that :)

I have been trying to eat healthier and make "lifestyle" changes too. Some days are more successful than others. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds as well. I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been and it's driving me NUTS!

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, MFP (myfitnesspal) says if every day were like today, I would weigh 120 lbs in 5 weeks. Ha ha, I only have to hike 8 miles and sweat my U know what off, and eat frozen grapes and apples every day!

I could do that, if the company was always so great and I didn't have to work for a living!

Hachi and Donna,

I would love to join you trying to lose some weight.  Losing 20 lbs would be a miracle...but I'll start with 10.  Just can't seem to do it.  Maybe with some wid support and accountability to someone other than myself, I can do this.  I'm on MFP.  Let me know if I can join you!

I bought myself a journal to keep track of what I'm stuffing into my mouth. I also wrote down my measurements. I have gained 30 lbs since my husband died. It's time to lose that 30 plus another 30. I started a 30 day squat challenge today too. I just need to be consistent!!

Joined a gym with a girlfriend.  Trying to lose 5 to 7 pounds before my daughter's wedding on Sept. 5th!  (I used to be a "6" but now I'm an "8.")  I really have respect for people that lose weight because I didn't know how hard it actually is!

Squat challenge done! I'm starting to feel them. Tomorrow I'm planning on going to the gym. It's hard for me to lift light, but I haven't been to the gym in awhile so I need to.

Journaling my meals is helpful. I can see that I've been lacking in protein and vegetables.

Squat challenge day 4 done! I went to the gym today too.

lat pulldowns

underhand lat pulldowns

straight bar pushdowns

close grip cable rows

bent over rows on smith machine

curls on smith machine

db cross curls

db curls

200 abs

Still working on my meals. I had more vegetables today, but still lacking in protein.

Rest day for my squat challenge. Walking for cardio today. I wish I consumed as many vegetables as I do fruit throughout the day. I just can't resist the fruit right now. I had strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, a plum, and a banana today. Tomatoes, carrots, and romaine for my vegetables.

Aug 6th

Squat Challenge day 6 done!

Gym

db chest press

db flys

db chest press pronated grip

db close grip press

db tri extensions

db tri crossovers

hammer decline chest press

cable pushdowns with rope

300 abs

Yesterday I checked out a new gym location. I did abs, cardio, chest, and tri's. They had a better cardio section, but were lacking in weights. They didn't have hammer strength machines. I think on Wednesdays I'll do weights at the local gym and cardio at the other location while my girls are at youth group. Normally I would participate in bible study, but they are repeating the study I just finished.

Today was a quick legs and shoulders workout. I've been keeping up with my squat challenge too. Meals are improving. I've gone down a pant size.

• 2 weeks later...