I am engaged

Melbar

Well, a year ago I never thought I would be posting those words, but my now fianc? proposed to me on Saturday at the YMCA soccer field where we met.  :) His son and my kids were on the same soccer team last fall.  He would sit by me during practices and games, leading to friendly chatting, to eventually emailing each other after the season ended, to our first date and the rest is history.  No date set yet, but we want his mother to be able to attend and in order for that to happen, it will have to be sometime between December and April. 

I found the original board in March of 2011 right after my DH died of cancer in 4 short months.  I still miss him and so do my kids who are now almost 11 and 9.  Life was better with him, and it took some time, but I learned it would be better with someone to love again, better for me, better for my kids... not necessarily always easier -- but better.  Thank you to anyone who ever offered me kindness, support, encouragement - I was very lost for a while, but I have found my way again with much thanks to being able to share and listen to those who have been there. 

Melbar,

Congratulations!

I was very lost for a while, but I have found my way again

After Bluebird and I were married, I changed my YWBB signature line to: "I once was lost but now I'm found." And I still feel this way.

I wish you and your children a future filled with tremendous happiness.

--- WifeLess

Congratulations to you, Melbar! I always rejoice, when I see others on this board sharing happy news, and what you said about being lost for a while really hit home with me. I think I shared that same feeling, for a time. I am glad that you have found a way to carry on and to find happiness, once again. May the two of you have many, many years of love and joy to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...