Question

OSAAT

OK, another question. In the introduction it says something about using reactions to show how we feel about a post and that there will be a best of section. But the kudos actually apply to the poster and not the specific post. So how do we show our reaction to a post? 

Not important, but I am curious if anyone happens to know.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, the whole smite conversation had me smiling, which is something I desperate needed today, so thank you all for the bit of humor.

I also have to say, I now have the mental image of a very proper 50ish year old man, dressed in a black tux, and carrying a set of black leather gloves, walking up to strangers, slapping them on both cheeks with the gloves, and saying, "I smite you with my gloves!" I have no idea why I have that image in my head, but I do.  ;D

I'm not sure we are going to keep that feature. I'm don't know that it serves any useful purpose and someone that is smited may have their feelings hurt.

My first thought after seeing the smite option was to contact you guys and ask for its removal. This thread about smiting people is hilarious, I give you guys for it but in the long run I can see the smite option being a hurtful tool especially when conversations heat up. I don't think we wids need to smite each other as life has smite us big time already. The applaud feature is very nice especially since there is no real like button. As nice as it is, that too can turn out to be an exclusive feature in the long run.

How did I ever get this politically correct...I'm supposed to be open minded... Please don't smite, please!!!!!!!!!

Guest littlebirdie

You all are so funny! I'm glad this thread stayed lighthearted. Might be a good idea to disable the smiting to save hurt feelings, but this was still fun.

One thing I did like about the old new board was the like feature.  It allowed you to acknowledge someones post without having to reply with "yea, me too, I get it"  This karma/smite thing is general to the poster, not the post.  Also, it seems you can't tag people in the posts anymore.  Is there anything we can do about these two things?

OK the first smite had me rolling on the ground laughing. However this second smite has me crying and questioning everything. Just kidding.

I tend to agree with mangomom. Being able to like a particular post once and only once (anonymously or not) seems useful to me. Possibly being able to like or dislike a particular post once and only once also, not sure. The current system seems to me to be prone to misuse, misunderstanding and hurt feelings. For example, I applauded several posts thinking I was applauding what was said. Turns out I was applauding the person and, quite frankly, I don't like any of you that well. ITS A JOKE!  But I really didn't mean to get involved with an applauding a person system. It's just not my bag. Nothing wrong with it, I guess, but not for me.

So.. it is a popularity contest? awesome..

I don't see it that way at all.  Believe me, there were times on the old board that I questioned whether anyone even read my posts.  An acknowledge feature would be nice to have to just say, "I hear you." without having to type out a whole response when some days I don't have the words.

Karma has been disabled. I agree with importing a like feature again. To me liking gives you the option to say "Hey, I hear you, I acknowledge you, but don't have anything specifically to add". Adding the feature requires a plug in/mod, so we are seeing how stable it is before seeing if it makes sense for us.

Karma has been disabled. I agree with importing a like feature again. To me liking gives you the option to say "Hey, I hear you, I acknowledge you, but don't have anything specifically to add". Adding the feature requires a plug in/mod, so we are seeing how stable it is before seeing if it makes sense for us.

Like!  Also LIKE bringing back the tag feature if possible.  Great thinking! 

Guest littlebirdie

Karma has been disabled.

Rats. I was hoping to show my displeasure by smiting everyone.

Now I will have to wait until Festivus until I create the thread entitled "Airing of Grievances"

233313fc41ee3a63_tumblr_mgdqksNdiZ1ro7sbfo1_400.gif.xxxlarge_zpso0mntlwa.gif

Just Joking.  ;D

Ooooh, who will participate in the Feats of Strength? This could be good.

Guest Munsen

Lol I love Seinfeld.  :)

I confess that I agree with the deletion of the 'smite' button as I foresaw hurt feelings with that one. Plus, all I could think of was this Far Side Cartoon smite%20cartoon_zps8sd5wyap.jpg

I do like the 'Like' button option though...Often I've read something and thought 'me too' but didn't feel I had anything pertinent to add to the conversation. And one feels bad just posting to say 'yep'...

And, thank you for the laughs as I read this...never has the thought of being 'smitten' seemed so amusing. Plus with my tendency to put my foot in my mouth, I'd have been afraid of there being some 'smite' limit and being blocked from the playground. lol :D

Guest littlebirdie

Ooooh, who will participate in the Feats of Strength? This could be good.

Me

75dfa836-73e6-407b-93fd-fae130d49d9e_zps3q4eneqd.jpg

LMAO! You win!