Memorial Ink

Guest Bear1956

• 5 weeks later...

I want to do it but I'm chicken.  I want a sea turtle and I'd love to "hide" Chad and my daddy's initials in the markings on its back but I'm scared I'll end up one of those people that get just the outline done and then quit cause it hurts too bad lol

I noticed a new topic for tattoos, and remembered there was an earlier one, so I have merged the two tattoo threads to make them one, cohesive thread.

Just FYI in case I've created confusion and it appears as though the "Memorial Tats" thread just evaporated into thin air!

Baylee

• 10 months later...

Thanks so much!  Yep Grace, it was one sitting.  It actually only took about two hours, which wasn't nearly as long as I thought for a piece with that many colors and that level of detail. 

At first I was rather angry and ashamed of myself that it took me almost three years to get this done, but now I'm kinda glad I did.  While I've had the general idea of an eye with a star inside it since a few days after he died, the idea to use the star from the Chicago flag and having it inset into a night sky was something I only thought of a month or two ago.  And seeing as (1) Tim always talked about getting a Chicago tattoo at some point and never did, but now he's part of one (2) it came out more beautifully than I hoped it would - I'm really glad I waited.

5722833035_7717f9d052.jpg

I am so happy to see this thread since I have been thinking about getting one in memory of Steve. Love seeing all the different artwork.  Never had a tattoo so this is new to me.  Just trying to find ways to keep Steve as close to me as possible.

My fiance didn't have a problem with it at all - I actually asked several times, most recently and specifically about whether or not it would bother him if I had it done before the wedding.  I had been talking about getting this tattoo the whole time we've been together so it certainly wasn't a surprise and he's had years at this point to mention any reservations he might be harboring.  He's an extraordinarily un-jealous soul, something I'm incredibly grateful for and something I make sure I tell him I appreciate regularly.

He and I met just a few months after Tim died, so he's been on this roller coaster ride with me almost the whole way.  He and I butt heads more than Tim and I did, but the fact that he's patient and understanding and allows me my space to grieve and honor Tim without being jealous or threatened is what convinced me that he's the right guy for me in this next chapter of my life.  I was just thinking last night actually - I will have to ask him what kind of tattoo he'd like me to get in his honor if anything were to ever happen to him. 

• 1 year later...