Crossing my fingers!!!

Katelsam

Being a widowed nurse is incredibly challenging--requiring nights/weekends/holidays; less than ideal for a solo parent with very young ones.

BUT, recently I came across an AMAZING opportunity I'm currently vying for. I would be working for an incredible physician, partaking in procedures, lots of variety AND incredible hours!!! Winter hours would be 730a-5/5:30 M-Thurs and half days on Fridays and Summer hours are Mon-Thurs 7-5p. No holidays. No weekends. No doubles. I have an "in" with a physician/fellow nurse at that facility that are serving as references for me. I put in an app and the nurse said they were flagging it--this was as of yesterday.

Of course, now with my dream job on the line here I am FREAKING out!!! Not only would I score my dream job, the hours are incredible and a wonderful opportunity for the family life.

Please send good vibes/thoughts/prayers my way. This such an incredible opportunity for our family! Fingers crossed!!!!

Sincerely,

the incredibly impatient and completely hopeful Kate

Everything crossed here too! I'm still on three 12's a week, I work mostly weekends so I can be home weekdays with the kids. It *is* hard to be a wid nurse, especially when winter hits with a vengeance and we're required to be at work while school has been canceled. Those hours sound like a dream-- best of luck!!