Meeting other wids...

SoVerySad

Hopefully you realize we have a section for scheduling widowbagos, which are get-togethers. I have met several terrific members of our community in person, however most live at least 2 hours away. I was thinking that with so many new members, it might be nice to share a general location of where you are to see if any others might be close to you incase you might like to meet for a coffee or smaller scale get-together as the idea of a bago might feel too overwhelming or too far to attend. If you see someone is close to you, send them a pm and maybe you can schedule a time to meet up.

I'll start. I live in south central PA, about 1/2 hour from the Maryland border.

Please reply if you'd like to share your location with as much info as you feel comfortable sharing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in northwest Kansas. I don't know of any younger wids anywhere near me.

I used to live in Connecticut. Since I have the travel bug, I go back to the east coast sometimes and we try to round up members for some socialization when I'm out there. It just so happens that we are getting together Sunday, January 3rd. I'm sure that my old colleague Trying can fill you in, ladybug. She and I used to work together in the 1990's. It is a small world. I've also met widows in my travels from coast to coast and I even met a couple of wids when I went to Australia a few years ago.

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

I'm in the Lehigh Valley (eastern PA) and we have a great group that will rally anytime someone wants to get together so just say the word!