Prayers or Good thoughts....

SimiRed

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending so many good thoughts your way.  I am in awe of your courage.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." - Nelson Mandela

Wish we could all be there physically with you tonight to bolster you.  You've been on my mind a lot Tracey and my heart goes out to you.  I so hope that it goes as "well" as something like that can and you can take a big step to the peace you so richly deserve.

Just a quick update.  The meeting was brief and to the point.  The words have been said.  SimiRed still needs our strength to boost her stamina to extricate herself from this situation.  It has been very emotionally taxing for her.

Maureen

I know that feeling .... wanting to leave, but bad as it is there's still a part of you that's so attached it's hard , oh so hard, to let go.  Thank you Maureen for the update ... and for being there for Tracey.

I'm truly wishing I had seen this sooner, so that I could have been praying at the time, you requested. I have bad a burden for you, since the first moment I read parts of your story. Having been in a volatile, dangerous relationship in my long ago past, and knowing how hard it was to extricate myself from the situation, I have already been lifting you up in prayer, sweet lady, and shall continue to pray for you and your son, until you no longer need the prayers. ((((Hugs))))

I would also like to join in with the others to thank you, Maureen, for the updates.

My Mother always called me her "Steel Magnolia", since I was a small child.  Never quite figured out why but now I know. 

I am a woman who possess the strength of steel, yet the gentleness of a magnolia.  I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.

I had forgotten who I was, for a long time...

I knew this person 25 years ago, he wanted me then, sent me flowers, persisted, but I was engaged to be married to my Rick, my sweetheart, my strength, my everything, since we dated when I was 16. I never allowed him to woo me from Rick.

He called my friend... left a message on her machine and said I wanted to be with him years ago, that I was only with Rick because he was my first and I felt obligated to be with him. 

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER hurt my Rick, you SOB!  He called me, tried to talk... I said, How dare you try to destroy what Rick and I were and devalue what we had to my friends and family, I LOVED HIM, I will always LOVE him, and if you f**k with him and his son, I will destroy you. 

He said, "I've never seen you like this, your having a nervous breakdown"... Me:  "Huh, what did you say, let me turn the tv on so I can only half ass listen to you", He tried to over talk me, railroad me, we need counseling, reading God scripture to me.  I said, "Shut up, can't you shut the H*LL up, yak, yak, yak... that's all you do"...he tried to overtalk me,  I said, "How's it feel?  How's it feel to feel like a piece of shit that you're not good enough for me to give the time of day to?" HOW'S IT FEEL?  Told him I was done, and if I EVER stepped foot back into that house I would paint the Living Room F-ing RED, and I would be the one in control now, and he could sit around and be my BITCH SLAVE that I could scream at, yell at, and belittle until he freaking hurt the way he hurt me.

No, I will not live like this, I told him go to your counselor, Tell her you HIT A MINOR, then, figure out if we can do this sensibly by Saturday or next week I will serve your ass papers.  Told him I am no longer under his control, that it is time for me to be the one in control of my LIFE. "sorry, sorry...sorry, I was wrong"

Told him "How DARE you come after a widow without taking care of YOU first, how DARE you pursue me for your happiness without thinking of the happiness that I, as a widow lost, HOW DARE YOU, you knew you had issues, and YOU destroyed this, NOT ME!"

Too late, don't call me, don't text me....

Don't know what came over me...But, I feel different today, invigorated, strong....

And the person I'm staying with :  "So, is that the red-headed temper we're never suppose to tap into?  Holy-Cow, bout' time you tapped into that"

Told him I am no longer under his control, that it is time for me to be the one in control of my LIFE.

Too late, don't call me, don't text me....

Don't know what came over me...But, I feel different today, invigorated, strong....

Continue to stay strong!  You will get through this.....you will....keep focused on what you want.

Guest TooSoon

Another red head (well former red head) chiming in:  Do not listen to his pleas or apologies.  They are part of the pathology of abusers.  In my experience, of which I've told you, the pattern DOES NOT AND WILL NOT CHANGE. 

Letting your pent up and wholly justified anger out may leave you feeling spent and tired but do not capitulate.  You have done the hardest part: you took the first big step.  Now, trust your instincts and stand your ground.  The leaving itself will not be so hard. 

I'm thinking of you. 

PS. Next time, if he tries to hit you or J or hits you or J, call the police.  I know it is hard but you must.

Good for you! You are not lost or under his control any more, you took that control back. The road ahead may be hard but you are in charge now.  If that amazing strength starts to falter we are all here to lift you up.