Say Their Names (Resurrecting a favorite topic from the old board)

lcoxwell

Her name was Catherine; originally Caterina.  Her siblings sometimes called her "Cath".  I learned not to call her "Cathy" because she hated that name.  Her childhood nickname was Giggi because she giggled so often as a little girl.

She loved beaches. She especially loved tropical beaches because they reminder her of her childhood home in Brazil.

She didn't understand many things that I assumed were common knowledge, but she organized our home and our life together in ways I could not.

Even though she was deeply sensitive, she bravely endured years of very painful cancer treatments that ended her life.

I love Catherine and miss her terribly.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His name was Billy.  I met him when I was just 19 years old.  He was so much more wild than me but I just knew he was the one.  A few bumps along the way.  We broke up for 2 years and then found our way back to each other.  From that point on I never let go.

He was my love.  The person who I could spend hours with and still want more.  We saw eye to eye on just about everything.  We knew each other to the core.  We celebrated the good and held on to each other to get through the bad. He was the best friend I ever had.

He has been gone six years today and I still miss him like it was yesterday.

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Her name was Fabiana, or "Fabi". She passed away two years ago (July 23) three weeks after giving birth. I've dreamt about her a few days ago: in the dream, I saw her laying in a bed, alive and kinda sleepy. I sat beside her and hugged her, saying "my love!". Then I realized it was a dream and I woke up. Weird?

I can't believe I missed this thread for so long!

His name was Jim. James Gordon Walker, Jr-- he always signed that stupid "junior."  ::) Jimmy when we were kids-- I was 10 when we met, he was 11. We were best friends before we were anything else. He was my fairy tale, my dream come true-- my first love, my first heartbreak when we broke up, and my salvation when he tracked me down 15 years later. He was my Jim-- he will always be my Jim. Always.

I love this post, it is plain beautiful

His name is Alex - Ale - papi - loco-  pirata  and finally Papa. Jos? Raul, but nobody ever called him like that.

He was always warm - he was fiercely proud and incredibly sensitive - he was rough and explosive - he was so passionate and his energy was palpable - his voice was wonderfully low and warm - he could drive me up the wall - he was wild and undomesticated - he was extreme in every way.  He loved his music and was incredibly talented - It was always life or death for him. He was very deep and very dark- a tormented soul. I knew him, I know him - I recognised him.

He had to go , before he had time to mature and realise the magnitude of all that he was and had.

When I met him, he looked right into me and broke down all my barriers - I miss him every day - life will never be the same.

His name was Benjamin. We called him Ben. Or Bitter Ben (because he wAs a complete smartass with a dry sense of humor-a young George Carlin who loved being politically incorrect..) My Dad called him Gentle Ben (after a 70s show about a big ole gentle bear$

Or Benny Hanna was another nickname.

But he was my Ben.

His internet alias was always Joe. He'd had his identity stolen twice and was hyper private on public website. So to honour his preference, on the internet, he remains Joe. My Big Baby, my-baby-my-love, the future Nutso to my future Fatso.

• 2 months later...

Crystal was my first love my first heart break and believed in soulmates and that we where,ever since loosing her I've felt I have more than a broken heart,my soul has broken aswell.

She was a mother, my best friend my love I called her Blondie Loxxx **tears**

His name was Dave. My middle son has David as his middle name. Dave was intelligent, professional and handsome; tall, skinny and blond, but what attracted me first was his smile. He seemed to always know something about everything, and could talk about anything. I miss him by my side.

He loved computers. His job for 20 years was working as communication data coordinator serving several local school districts. His job was not work, it was pure joy for him. We would go on vacation to Cape Cod and the first thing he would do was work on the computer in the lobby to make it work faster! I?m sorry he never lived long enough to ever have a smart phone. He died in 2006 and only owned a flip phone. I bet he?d be impressed with our modern technology today.

His curiosity to find out how things worked allowed him to be able to fix anything. He could do plumbing, carpentry, remodel our cellar, and fix cars.

He loved motorcycles and dirt bikes. He restored a 1973 Yankee 500 motorcycle in my cellar, and then set up a web page for others to write in asking him for advice.

Dave loved, adored, cared for, was proud of, and was best friend to our three sons.

We miss you, Dave.

Reading through these posts has reduced me to tears, all of us missing our other halves so much......it's just unbearable.

My husband was Anthony, never ever Tony, how he hated it when people shortened his name to Tony. He was my sweetheart, my babe, my bud. I met him when I was 18, we were together 22 years, married for 17 of those. We knew each other so well, we could almost read each other's minds we were so attuned to one another. I know I will never have anything that special again in my life.

One of my best friends husbands is also called Anthony, when I used to talk with her about our husbands I would say 'my' Anthony or 'your' Anthony.......but my Anthony is no more,

His name is Paul.

He is the love of my life.

He was kind, brilliant, hilarious, troubled, and vulnerable.

With him, I knew unconditional love, and unimaginable pain.

In turn, he saw the very best and the very worst of me.

Not a day goes by where I don't miss him deeply, long for him, and wish that I could go back and be a better wife to him.

His name was Tim. He would give the shirt off his back and and grab a chain saw to get a fallen tree off your house. He loved to have friends and family over and always made them feel at home. He was an incredible Dad and dedicated his time to anything that interested our boys. He remembered everything he ever read or heard. He was type A, a pain in the ass, generous with his heart, his time, and his talents. He was my best friend and partner for 25 years.

Will.  He was my world, my life.  He took a part of me with him when he departed.  He was the best father to our three daughters.  He always said that you criticize in private, and praise in public.  He taught me how to be a better parent.  I miss him so much and would give the world to have him back.  He was always writing me love notes, even after 35 years of marriage ... and whenever I'm having a bad day, I pull some out and they help me smile again.

• 2 weeks later...

His name was Todd. He was funny, silly, beyond infuriating, handsome, vain, charismatic, passionate (the man felt lukewarm about nothing!), pig-headed, larger-than-life, brilliant (but a terrible speller), complicated, affectionate, enjoyed a good meal like no one I know- employing all the senses, and he could throw a fit that would put a toddler to shame- very quick to anger, but was not one to hold a grudge. We were best friends. He had my back and I had his- even in those moments when we hated each other's guts.

It was certainly not always an easy marriage- but when it was good, it was oh so very, very good...and when it was bad it was truly horrid. He taught me a lot. He left scars all over my heart- some I need to let go of, and others I am grateful for as a reminder of just how much he adored me.

He was my beloved. The center of my world. Today is his birthday. He would have been 50 years old. Happy Birthday, Papa.

Austin. His name was austin. His named was dad to our kids.

He never, ever criticized my many flaws, and was the funniest, most cynical persoh i knew. Or anyone who knew him knew.

The world is less funny now. It is more naggy. There is more bullshit. He just wanted to be left alone, to love us, to watch the walking dead.

His name was austin. When i say "was" it chokes me.

Hes been gone since ausgust 31 .

Austin was young, strong. So that he is suddenly gone takes the breath right out of me several times a day.

Austin appears in my dreams most nights. I have to remind myself of the awful new life we have to live without austin.

Austin was my husband. I feel that he still is. Some people probably think thats crazy. I dont care. Austin, i miss you. It hurts so bad. I just miss you.